“Price hike during special events”

Motel 6 Fredericksburg
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Austin, Texas
“Price hike during special events”
Reviewed March 22, 2011

All hotels/motels in this area seem to jack up their prices during special events. We paid a Priceline rate of $90 per night. The rooms is not worth it however there were no vacancies. The owner is very nice and helpful. However, the front reception did smell like the food they were cooking. The rooms are very clean but typical Motel 6. I'm not a fan of Motel 6 but at least this location provided clean rooms conveniently located to where we need to be. I would recommend this place only if there were no other options in town.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JRsNeighbor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I don't know what it is about Fredericksburg. I guess they want everyone to stay in B&Bs, because the quality medium priced hotels you easily find in other cities are just not there (unless you're willing to spend $130 or more a night). After having stayed at the Peachtree (never again) and several other local, non-chain hotels, we thought we would try the Motel 6, and actually changed reservations to go there after booking at the Quality Inn and then cancelling after reading about it on TripAdvisor (thank you all). This was first and my last Motel 6. Now, in it's defense, I do have to say the hotel was very clean. That's about it. It looks like they used the cheapest materials on the planet to build it, but maybe they all look they way. My biggest problem was the price. If they'd charged $70 a night, I could have lived with it. But it turned out to cost , with tax, $103.00, which it is not worth. I also got upset when I checked in and they told me they were going to charge me an additional $6.00 for the second person in the room, something I have never before encountered (I booked on-line and didn't hit the correct drop down menu, and listed 1 person, in my haste). It was a room with a king-sized bed, what was the extra $6.00 for? The beds were made of foam, and harder than a rock. At any rate, I will never go there again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pcintx_8
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Nice clean room, good beds. Best Motel 6 I have ever been in.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Its very new and off the main drag, but have since stayed at another hotel in town and believe me this was much better and way cheaper.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank desertlover1005
San Antonio
Reviewed June 3, 2010

This motel is fairly new. The rooms are basic, no frills. There's no coffee maker, hair dryer or iron but there is a refrigerator. I've stayed here several times and the rooms have always been very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. It's a short drive into Fredericksburg. The only minus is that the parking lot isn't big enough. I have come in late to find that there was no parking.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends