“The cottage was clean, comfortable and extremely enjoyable.”

Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
“The cottage was clean, comfortable and extremely enjoyable.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We enjoyed the remote atmosphere of the cottages as well as the abundance of wildlife. The mattresses were without question- the best. My fiancé and I are already planning our next get away to the cottages!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is our third time back to the cottages and it won't be our last. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and quiet. We had the pleasure of seeing an abundance of deer and elk. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We had a very peaceful and relaxing retreat.

Room Tip: I like to stay in the only upstairs unit because it has a private balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my decision to stay at the cottages. I loved that they weren't located in the city but that everything was very close. Our cottage felt like brand new construction. On the gated property, there must have been 100 deer. There were also a handful of elk. It was absolutely silent out there which I needed and it was a real treat to be able to enjoy the Texas stars each night. I can't even think of staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for the dog run cottages if you are a couple. Best value.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We absolutely loved the cottages! They were so clean and perfect in size! We loved the location, every evening and morning deer came right up to the cabins to eat. It was so peaceful and beautiful. We loved it. We can't wait to go back and stay at country inn cottages again!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a wonderful, relaxing trip for us. We were able to enjoy the "city life" of Fredericksburg and the "country life" at the cabin. The wildlife was abundant and very relaxing to watch from the rockers on our front porch. The cabin was very clean as was the small refrigerator and microwave. The cabins are close enough to say hello to your neighbor but far enough apart to feel that you had your own private space. The staff was very friendly and even helped my husband with surprising me with fresh flowers when we arrived. This is definitely a place to come back to either as a couple or as a family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in cottage number 29 at Country Inn and Cottages. The Cottage was clean and lovely and the beds were wonderfully comfortable. We loved sitting on the front porch watching the deer, elk, squirrels, etc. We were only a couple miles outside of Fredericksburg but it seemed a world away from the hustle and bustle. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in cottage 26 during our 2 night stay in the hill country. I do a lot of research on reviews, locations & amenities when searching for new places. This could not have been a better place to stay! 2 Bedrooms & a really nice size bathroom. Every amenity (except the pool which was not an issue for us). Our neighbors, the wandering deer, added to the scenery and peace outside the front door. My boys & I loved the beds. However, my husband's back ached a bit. They were almost too soft & could be an issue for some people. I was expecting to see ants/bugs or tiny critters inside but nope! A/c was wonderful! We would definitely go back & I'm already recommending the cottages to my friends. Great stay!