“Country Inn and Cottages rocks”

Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #5 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“Country Inn and Cottages rocks”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We've stayed here a few times, the first time being a very special first trip for me and my beau, so there are good memories there from the start. I absolutely love this place. It is quaint, quiet, and relaxing. We actually slept until housekeeping came on Saturday, which is AMAZING for both of us. The rooms are so inviting that we're thinking of designing our next cabin at the ranch after it! Seriously! DEFINITELY recommend this place for a moderate price stay.

Room Tip: We always choose cabin #16, so a personal fave.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
san antonio, texas
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Country Inn was a nice quiet motel. Very clean and location was excellent.
The room was very roomy and nice. Beds were comfy. Will stay there again.
The staff was very knowledgable of the area and helped to find a good eating place.
we felt safe here, the area was extremely well lit at night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our experience was nothing but awesome!! We looked at the website and booked our room through it and were fully prepared for what we got!! It anything we felt we got more than we expected. I read
Some negative reviews on here that it seemed to me if the reviewer had really read the info on the website they would
Not have been disappointed. Our ONLY complaint might have to do with the air conditioner and it being in the living room. We had to keep it really cold in the living room to make it cool in the bedroom. Oh .... And the tv is just a little hard to see from the couch. It might be better on a table beside the fireplace. These things are very minor in my book and I still rate our overall stay as a five!! I loved the bed... Super comfy, loved the satellite tv... We watched a movie one night, loved the jacuzzi tub, the stained concrete floor, the decor, watching the wildlife from our front porch...... I also really appreciated the gated entry into the property. I knew anyone driving by was supposed to be there!! I just loved our time there and have recommended this place to all our family and friends. Everyone we came in contact with who worked there was so friendly and very helpful! Can't wait to go back to our little cottage in the country!

Sherrie Whittenburg

• Stayed August 2012
Abilene, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wow! My husband and I were celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the cottages, which are 4 miles outside of town. We were there during the week and I think we were the only people on the property in the guest houses. It was SO peaceful! We drove up to a dozen deer in the middle of the day that were eating corn at the feeder along the road inside the property. The elk on the property are huge and beautiful. The cottage itself was very comfortable and beautifully decorated...an elegant ranch rustic look. We loved being able to easily drive into town but then retreat back out to the country. My favorite part of the day was sitting on the front porch in the rocking chair reading and having quiet time. We will always choose to stay here!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My father, brother, sister in law, and I took a weekend trip to Fredericksburg and we really wanted to get the hill country feel by renting a rustic cabin/cottage. We found Country Inn & Cottages and were very impressed by the pictures. The pictures really didn't do it justice. We rented cabin 29 which was very nice, rustic, and clean. The cabin was very well designed and decorated and the scenery was quaint. We woke up to exotic deer outside our cabin and were in company of very nice people. It had a very family friendly atmosphere. When we checked in, the staff was very helpful and courteous. I will definitely be a return customer. I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend Country Inn & Cottages.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Raymondville, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My mother and I have been staying here for several years. In our humble opinion, this is the most relaxing place to stay and we always leave well rested. If you are looking for a place out of town, but close enough to town (about 3 minutes) this is the place for you. Also, the whitetail deer and elk are so much fun to watch. Thanks again to Jeff, Amy and Cissie for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Any room is great here! You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Killeen, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Awesome cottages.Check in staff very helpful.Wonderful scenery!!The mattress" are so comfortable,will definately book with them again. My husband and I also enjoyed the vouchers for breakfast in town.If you are looking for a quaint and quiet getaway,this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple