“Yuk”

Fredericksburg Winery
Ranked #45 of 106 things to do in Fredericksburg
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Staff was not warm, wine was terrible and prices were a bit much for the quality. No atmosphere. As far as all the Winery's you can go to in the Fredericksburg area this is a total waste of time.

2  Thank Greteltx
There are newer reviews for Fredericksburg Winery

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to give it a go. We stopped in and right away was greeted somewhat warmly and the staff explained the pricing for the tasting. We tasted 5 wines and bought 3 bottles. Not bad at all. Reading some of the previous reviews regarding rude staff, maybe we caught her on a good day?

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The shop had about 12 wines to choose from with a complimentary tasting of 5 wines of our choice. I chose 3 of the drier wines then chose one that was a little sweeter. I then asked for another dry wine for my 5th and last taste and the female clerk refused to serve it to me! She said I had made it my choice to taste a sweeter wine and she wouldn't let me have a drier tasting because of that. She insisted I had made this decision. I asked again to try the drier wine and she again refused! I told my husband she was being rude and she overheard me. She yelled at me and said she wasn't being rude. That she was only doing what I'd asked and had given me a sweeter wine which meant I couldn't taste any of the drier ones after that. It made no sense to either my husband or me and we've never encountered this before. We've been to wine tastings all over the U.S., too. My husband was on his 4th tasting so, when he finished it, he told me 'let's just go'. As we were walking out of the shop, this same clerk yelled to us, "Thanks for letting me give you a free wine tasting!" We're not sure what her problem was but, if this is typical of their shop, they will lose business fast. We will never go back to this shop and we'll also make sure others know how rude this woman was. Also we'll make sure that others know how she refused to serve me what I had requested!

5  Thank psld
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We visited this winery during the weekend. A staff member announced she was available for tastings at an empty counter. I went over and asked if I could try one of their wines. She said she had to go through the whole list first. I said ok, the she very rudely said she would have to wait for the people at the next counter (and another staff member) to move first. She was so rude I just left. I mentioned how rude she was to a person at a nearby business and they said they had heard there were some rude people there. There are plenty of other places for wine to go without having someone treat you like dirt.

1  Thank BSands12
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Christmas Wine is yummy!! Whites are good. Reds not to my taste. Colors tend to be on the brown side rather than a deep, red, clear color: part of the pleasure of red wine. But I bought 3 bottles of their Gleuweine style Christmas Wine that I will serve out of a crockpot.

1  Thank shalsey11