“one of the best bed and breakfast !”

All Seasons Main Street Retreat
Ranked #30 of 82 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently spent two nights in the Humble Plumb. It was beautifully appointed and met all of our expectations and more. The king sized bed was very comfortable, the breakfast with coffee was delicious, the bathtub was excellent, and the location was perfect. We loved the bathroom products. The cottage was very clean and neat and everything was in place. The coolness made sleeping so comfortable. The vine covered patio was a great amenity The quietness was wonderful for sleeping late. Couldn't have asked for better!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
jcloud2, Owner at All Seasons Main Street Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thanks Carolyn! It was great having you guys here with us!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I just returned after staying in the cottages at All seasons for our 32nd wedding anniversary. The owner obviously pays close attention to detail--from the chocolates on the table to the ice cold refreshments in the refrigerator waiting for you after a hot afternoon of shopping. We initially rented the Kilt and Clover cottage, but there was a problem with the lights after we arrived so the owner made arrangements for us to move to another of the cottages that was just as lovely as the first--always keeping our needs as his number one priority. He even had the second cottage thermostat set at the exact temperature that we had set it at in the first cottage. The cottages are very clean and attractively decorated. Loved the whirlpool tub as well as the king size bed!

Room Tip: Cotswald Cottage, Kilt and Clover and Half Penny Cottage all share a beautifully shaded and quiet co...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you Shirley! I'm glad you guys enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will come back again!
joe

Reviewed June 22, 2012

After spending a weeks in San Antonio for a conference - we were ready to explore Hill Country. This place was terrific!! Great location with easy access to the shops and restaurants. Plenty of parking. Individual cottages with lovely and quite outdoor porch. Delicious pastry and fruit for breakfast. Excellent bathtub and products better than what I got at the Hyatt in San Antonio. The bed was comfy and the AC worked well.

The stores in town close quite early - so plan something to do - we played cards and enjoyed local wine. The cottages have TV but no premium channels or way to rent a movie. The internet worked well for planning what to see around town.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Half Penny Cottage which is decorated with big flowers wall paper.
1  Thank micv

Hi micv! I'm really happy you enjoyed your relaxing time with us. After reading your review, I went out on a mission to improve our TV offerings! We upgraded to all HiDef satellite and we now have HBO and Showtime both! Come see us again!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a couple of nights in the Kilt and Clover cottage. I think it was the best experience we have had at a bed and breakfast. The cottage was quiet and comfortable. We loved the large whirlpool tub as well as the comfortable bed.

Having the breakfast already in the room was great for us. It was nice to relax and sleep as late as we wanted without worrying about missing breakfast or having someone coming to the door with it.

It was also impeccably clean and well maintained which is very important to us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks Tom! I'll pass your compliments about cleanliness on to the housekeepers! They do a great job and they love it when guests notice it! Hope you can come see us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed in the cottage. Ok first the owner emailed me twice before my stay to make sure I have everything. He asked me to call when I was thirty minutes out so he could make sure everything was ready. I did that and then he asked me to call when I arrived do he could meets at the property (there are several). Amazing. And all this for 130.00 a day.
Wait, we arrived and the bubbles and chocolate covers strawberries were there waiting.
I walked in and was amazed at the neatness and the warm feelIng.
I'm a tough cookie and this place pleased me completely.
My husband and I loved this place. It has everything...I mean everything. We brought stuff for breakfast but they had it all. Lovely place to sit out and talk.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank swalkerd
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in the Humble Plum. The overall location was perfect... close but not too close to the the hustle and bustle of downtown Fredericksburg. There was a little road noise, but overall quiet and we slept well after a busy day running around Fredericksburg. The little extras -- nice simple yummy breakfast, chocolates, cold sodas and water, nice toiletries all made our experience better than expected. We also appreciated the owner's visit and advice for places to eat. We will keep this place in mind for the next time we visit Fredericksburg.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily Y
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My fiancé and I spent a couple of nights at the All Seaons Main Street Retreat for our anniversary, and we are so happy we did! We stayed in the Vicars room which was very comfy and homey--- it was also very clean with an awesome bathroom. The breakfast pastries and OJ/Milk (served in these very cute glass containers) were such a nice touch. All of the attention to detail is what made our stay go from "nice" to very memorable. The soaps and such that were left in the bathroom for us were great and the little flowers here and there just made everything awesome. Thanks, Joe for making the All Seasons such a great experience! We made a promise to ourselves to come once a year and have already started telling all of our friends and family how great everything was!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Vicars room which was attached to the main house. There are also a couple of detach...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple