“Overpriced mediocre meal” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
San Antonio, Texas
“Overpriced mediocre meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped here starving after hiking Enchanted Rock. I had the Rueben and my boyfriend had a Turkey/Spinach wrap. While the flavor was good, usually Rueben's are loaded with pastrami, this one had 2 thin slices. The same for the wrap...very little meat. And each was around $10 for lunch!

The service was good and while the place was a little dingy I don't know if I would say it was dirty as others mentioned. Definitely could use a little renovating though.

Wish we had walked around Fredericksburg a bit before stopping here as we saw several nicer and cheaper places after.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paco S

San Antonio, Texas
“Keep walking.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Sign says voted best burger, and my wife and I split it, and it was good, just not best, not 11.95 worth. Restaurant is dirty, not cleaned well, and service is that of a take it or leave it feel. Walk on.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T DO IT!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband, son, and I are here for lunch and I really regret it. Overpriced, overrated, UNDERclean!! Our appetizer came out AFTER we had finished our mediocre meals. Lipstick covered cups, argumentative and rude waitress. She got my order wrong and then argued with me about it until she realized HER mistake making a scene in front of everyone! Then was rude that we didn't finish our LATE appetizer. Never apologized. Then one staff member yelled at customers telling them to leave because they were closing. How rude and embarrassing. Not once did we see anyone who resembled management. I will NEVER go back and I STRONGLY suggest you spend your money elsewhere that is worth it as this place is NOT!

1 Thank Ajturner813
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate here because it was close to our activities at Marketplatz. Although I have lived here for over 40 years, I had never eaten here. We were so disappointed. The reuben was terrible, the German potatoes were the worst I ever had. My husband's veggies looked and tasted like they came straight out of the freezer...completely bland. Very over priced.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
san antonio, tx
“Needs help!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place sure could use an investor, or at least an owner who cares.

Toilet "rocked" when sat on. Sink is so shallow that your hands touch the basin when getting water. Good luck getting refills from the THREE waiters that were on staff (serving 20+ tables).

Food is "passable", but if that was a 1/2 pound burger, than I'm a monkey's uncle. Buns were thick and good, but meat was skimpy.

Excellent location, but I will end up skipping this place next time.

• Visited December 2012