“Cute but super loud”
Review of The Roadrunner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Roadrunner Inn
Ranked #30 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
CynthiaRocketScience
“Cute but super loud”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

This is a beautiful space with great decorating. But, and it is a big but, there is a beer garden next door. Since there is no staff onsite at the Roadrunner and they use a reservation service, I didn't have anyone to call about moving to the room on the other side of the building. I did email the reservation person at about 11:00 the first night, but never heard back. The second night was fine, the bar was closed for spring cleaning. And the bartender was very nice, eventually I just called him and asked him to turn it down. While it turned out OK, I felt we should have had fair warning about the noise. Or some way to reach a human to move us. It wouldn't have been a hassle for them to put us in the quiet room to begin with since we were the only ones there the two nights we stayed.

There was also a crowing rooster, but far enough away, he was sort of charming. I don't think he's loud enough to wake anyone up.

Stayed February 2011

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Since our recent stay, we have referred the Roadrunner Inn to three other couples who have all taken our advice. Why? Because there was nothing not to like about the Roadrunner Inn. Located just 1/2 block from Lincoln Street Wine Bar and all the shops and restaurants on Main Street, the location can't be beat. To call it a "room" doesn't do it justice because it is really a loft style suite. Think studio apartment. Suite 1 has a private balcony and although the view is not impressive, the live music playing next door makes it a nice place to enjoy some wine. The chic, retro decor fills the suite with personality. We will try to stay at the Roadrunner Inn every time we visit Fredericksburg.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sweet_Ginger_Ale
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 13, 2009

The Roadrunner Inn was probably my favorite hotel stay ever. The Inn is right on the main street, next door to all of the shops and restaurants. The rooms are decorated with the most beautiful vintage pieces for an awesome eclectic look. The room is huge, and has a small kitchen, which would be great if you were staying several days. The bathroom was also huge, and had a jetted tub and a rain style showerhead. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, and they had lovely organic toiletries. Plus it was affordable!

The only thing I missed was some free WiFi. But that's a small price to pay for such an amazing room.

Please stay here! It's wonderful!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2009

The Hill Country is a great getaway from Dallas, and normally I like to rent a house through Gastehaus Schmidt (reservations service) that is close to the dining, shopping, and wineries around Fredericksburg. For this quick 1-night stay, we decided to stay in town after seeing a brief write-up about the Roadrunner in a Dallas magazine.

I stayed in Room 1 (there are 3). After picking up the keys across the street, I through a locked glass door and up the stairs between two main street shops to the room above. I opened the door, and WOW. I've been fortunate enough to stay at some really fabulous properties, and this one blew me away. It looked just like the website pictures, but even more spacious (I'm guessing 700 sq.ft.) with ceilings that had to have been at least 15'. The modern decor was really clean, simple, and stylish --- like the Hotel San Jose in Austin but with a bit more warmth and personality. There was plenty of space, a great kitchen area, hardwood floors, flat-screen tv, balcony (I believe the other two do not have one), and a huge bathroom. The bed linens were great and I slept SO well. Being in the heart of Main Street, everything you need is within walking distance. They gave 2 vouchers for $6 each toward breakfast at a few different places in town, and I was very glad to have chosen the Rather Sweet Bakery. Yum!

The only downside here is the noise factor, though I found it to be a benefit. I had to get some work done on the computer and was thrilled to be able to open the beautiful wood windows and hear the live Blues band playing just down below at the Silver Creek biergarten. I think they wrapped up around 11pm, so those going to bed early might not be too excited about that. There was also some morning construction noise from a project being built about a block away, but I was up early and it didn't disturb me.

Since I'm not a fan of anything kitschy or full of knick-knacks like many of the area B&Bs provide, I can't imagine a better choice within the town of Fredericksburg. If you're looking for something more relaxing and quiet, I highly recommend a home called 'Inspiration Hill' that can be booked through Gastehaus Schmidt. I'm already spreading the word about the Roadrunner to friends, clients, and anyone else I know in Dallas and Austin!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lagunadallas
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Sweetest little place in the Hill Country with an Austin chic vibe!

• Liked — The Decor
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My daughter and I stayed a night here Dec. 15th for a short shopping getaway. What a wonderful surprise! While the photos on the website showed a charming place, we were surprised at how even MORE charming it was and how spacious. The photo on the website shows the room we stayed in - #1 - but it's so much bigger that it looks. There is a kitchen and eating area, living area with a large flat screen TV, and the bathroom is huge!

The room is one of 3 that are upstairs, nestled between two stores on Main Street. It has just about every amenity you need - small refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker, utensils, etc. Large fluffy towels, jacuzzi tub, great shower, plenty of bathroom space - with room enough for a very comfy chair.

The room is simple and charming and decorated in a retro style. The king sized pedestal bad is super comfy and has big, fluffy pillows - the kind you would have at home. We slept like babies. We can't wait to return.

The only negative that I could possibly see is noise from the street and restaurant and bar next door. It didn't bother us, but I could imagine on a crowded weekend it might. But I would just be prepared with earplugs! This place is worth every penny.

• Liked — comfortable room
  • Disliked — next to a bar
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Lisahhh