“Never pass up their soup of the day...whatever it is, it will be wonderful!”
Review of Mahaley's Cafe - CLOSED

Mahaley's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have eaten here many times and love their soup and sandwich combo for lunch. It's really a lot of food. Their cilantro chicken salad sandwich was the hit of our last visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My fiance' and I ended up at Mahaleys Cafe when we were looking for a breakfast place before heading to the National Museum of the Pacific War. Mahaleys Cafe is directly across the street from the Museum, and it was hopping so we figured it couldn't be bad. There were a lot of people waiting, but to our surprise we were able to find a table quickly and a waiter immediately came over to take our beverage order. While Mahaleys offers a full breakfast menu, their speciality is their breakfast tacos, and it would be a shame NOT to have them! The breakfast tacos were big and the tortillas were absolutely fabulous (sure tasted fresh and homemade). Since independent breakfast restaurants are limited in Fredricksburg, we lucked out with Mahaley's. We definitely recommend it!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family of four went to Mahaley's Cafe for breakfast at 9am on a Thursday. You wouldn't think it would be that busy at that time on that day, but it was nuts. We sat at an outdoor table and nice young man took our order. My kids and I all ordered omelets, but hubby ordered a breakfast platter. After a fairly short wait, the omelets came out, but no food for hubby. We waited, and waited...and finally a different waitress came over to deliver food to the table next to us and said, "Oh! I never brought your plate! I just got caught up in my own stuff..." Really?

The food was acceptable, but incredibly bland. No seasonings on the omelet at all...none. We "borrowed" leftover salsa from the table next to us to season it up a bit. Coffee is good, but self-serve.

Overall, not a bad place but could be much, much better.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

you will be okay at this cafe. The cafe doesn't post anywhere I saw where dogs are allowed on the patio, but while we were their 3 dogs showed up with their owners. The food was okay nothing to rave about and they are definitely short staffed.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

very crowded when we went in and wait staff was very busy so we had some wait time. food was very good