“Good Food”

Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Brought two out of state (RI & NY) friends here for dinner on a Friday night after touring the LBJ Ranch, Becker Vineyards and Luckenbach. It was about 8pm and the place was packed front to back. As we started to leave in search of a quieter restaurant we found two inside rooms with tables open. We seated ourselves and ordered. Service was slow, but waiter was attentive. Took a while for our food to arrive, but we weren't in any particular hurry. Two out of the three of us enjoyed our food. The maple pecan chicken breast and Bavarian Jaeger Schnitzel were both great. My other guest ordered the vegetable soup (soup of the day) and a Quesadilla to go. She said the soup was too spicy to eat. The waiter upon seeing her full bowl of soup and hearing her complaint comped it. I thought that was very nice of him. I'd go again and I think RI would too.

1  Thank OperaLady1984

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My friends and I were here on a week night and about the only good thing I can say is that the band was great! Otherwise, it was extremely noisy indoors, we waited 35 minutes for a menu and about the same length of time for our plates to arrive. We never saw our waiter again until the bill arrived. The menu is limited and the beef vegetable soup was so hot (spicy) that a warning should have been given! Definately not worth the long wait.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I tried to like this place but Each time I go I am generally disappointed. From the unattentive waitstaff to the limited menu this place does not live up to my standards of Fredericksburg.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I decided to write this review after we just got back from Silver Creek today. This was our second time at this nice restaurant. Our first visit was great. We went there after hiking at Enchanted Rock. My friends and I loved the food and the nice outdoor table with live music. This time, there was just the two of us and our little dogs. The staff was nice enough to offer a water bowl with ice for our dogs! I really appreciate he did that. Food was yummy as always. I love their sausages and red cabbage.
Thank you again for such a nice experience! We will be back!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We eat at this restaurant every time we come to Fredericksburg. We first came because of the outside tables and the German beer on tap. I beleive the food has improved over the years. We ate here 3 times over the 4 day weekend. Each time was good. If I had any complaint, it would be the evening menu needs some lighter fare. Our service was good. Two things I read earlier: 1. They do add 20% tip for parties over 4 so watch this. That seems a little high. 2. The $5 for an exrtra plate when you share includes a full order of the extras. My wife and I split the larger steak and the waitress gave us the option of an extra plate at no charge or an extra plate with a full serving of the potatoes and asparagus. We chose the latter and it was worth it! Even if you do not want to eat, go by and sit outside and enjoy a beer and listen to the live music.