“Better than expected in a Mexican food wasteland” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilda's Tortilla Factory
Ranked #39 of 132 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a very small, authentic mexican restaurant that invites the public to partake in Hilda's own family recipes. Hilda started this business over 10 years ago as a carry-out only tortilla factory. She has been very fortunate and worked really hard to now have a full service restaurant complete with a full bar. Even with the growth of the restaurant we still have a remarkable amount of carry-out orders and still offer tortillas, chips, salsa and other retail items for sale on a daily basis. We are also proud to offer full service catering!
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Better than expected in a Mexican food wasteland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Fredericksburg is not known for its Mexican food, and rightfully so. Until Hilda's arrived on the scene, there was absolutely nothing worth putting your mouth. Thankfully, Hilda's provides good, tasty, basic Tex-Mex cuisine at a very reasonable price. As long as you're not expecting upscale, 'true' Mexican dishes, you won't be disappointed. My sole criticism is that while the tortillas are excellent, there are never enough to start with (for the fajitas, as an example) and staff doesn't automatically bring you more. Atmosphere? Well, none really. It's a big room that can get quite loud.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Madison, Wisconsin
“Authentic Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

A bit out of town, but worth a drive. Lots of food choices. Staff seems to be Hispanic. Food is authentic.

Visited March 2013
“Bad Management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I am a local and have been coming here since they were a little shack that did to go orders only. Spring break weekend I placed a to go order for my entire staff at work. Our total was over $30 for the burritos we ordered. I had one of my supervisors go pick up our order. When it got to the store I realized we were missing a burrito. Called down there and spoke with Melanie the manager. She all but called me or my employee a liar and insisted that the burrito was in the bag when my employee left the restaurant. According to her logic one of three things happened... The burrito got lost in my employees car... My employee ate the burrito on his way and then lied to me... Or I'm trying to get a free $3 burrito after I just paid for my entire staff food. None of these things happened. What really happened is the burrito somehow didn't make it in the bag and I will never order from them again. Never once did this rude woman ever even entertain the idea that maybe just maybe she had been the one to make a mistake. Oh well, not much of a loss on my part as the food quality keeps getting worse and worse right along with the service....

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Fairbanks, Alaska
“MOST AMAZING MEXICAN FOOD!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I was only in Fredericksburg for a week, but totally fell in love with Hilda's Tortillas. I brought a suitcase full of her tortilla chips (in bags of course) home to Alaska with me to share with friends and family. I am so sad they are now gone...........will get more next time I am there.....for sure!!! Oh yes, the breakfast borritos were wonderful as well.

• Visited February 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Fresh, authentic, and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Typically I eat German food in Fredericksburg, Texas, but a little known secret of the locals is Hilda's Tortilla Factory. It is a restaurant with delicious, daily freshly made food. You can purchase their tortillas, chips and sauces (green sauce is great) to go. Family friendly, good service and a nice respite from all the wonderful schnitzel and brats that this town is famous for.

• Visited January 2013