“Typical cafeteria decor”

Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Brunch. One of us order breakfast the other lunch. Potato pancakes were crispy outside tender inside. Schnitzel was pork, not veal so no one ordered. Tables had six chairs so more than one part per table was normal. Table wiped with a rag that wasn't clean and left a sticky table. Service was fast and friendly. Bakery items were tasty and a good value.

1  Thank mel1150
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Old German Bakery was a good spot for breakfast. I tried the German Pancake and wasn't disappointed. Because I am used to eating them at Old South in Fort Worth, I put butter, lemon and powdered sugar on mine. Delicious. I wouldn't drive miles out of my way to go to the Old German Bakery - but if you are in Fredericksburg, it is a good choice for breakfast. I stopped by another day for a treat and got a couple meringue cookies. They were $1.60 each and hard as rocks - horrible. I would have taken them back and asked for my money back - but I was already on the road headed home. I do however recommend the breakfast. Wait staff friendly and efficient.

2  Thank texjclark
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Old German Bakery & Restaurant in Fredericksburg, TX has the authentic German food. We went there for breakfast. The aroma of the fresh baking bread is intoxicating. The portions are enormous, quite tasty as well. one waffle filled the 12 inch plate and was 2 inches thick. a real monstor. Too bad the restaurant does not have a German decor or feel, but the friendlist waiting staff we have found in Fredericksburg more than made up for the lack. We will return for lunch soon.

1  Thank TXRVer09
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I think we liked it so much we ate there 3 times and would buy pastries to take back with us. The sausage rolls and pastries were amazing. Huge portions, most times we shared. Quite a little gem downtown.

1  Thank Myriam33364
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Breakfast was normal style American dishes with several German flavors. The fresh pastries, oh my! Was able to purchase a couple items that I have not seen since my last trip to Germany in 1985!

1  Thank vaca4fun