“OK Restaurant”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were spending a few days in Fredericksburg and ate here the first day. My husband and I both ordered sandwiches. I got the Opa's sausage and sauerkraut which I thought was delicious. The slaw I ordered was very tasty. My husband had a sandwich and the German potato salad which was a little too sweet. The beer selection was good. I always enjoy trying the local beers when I travel and I wasn't disappointed!

Since we liked our sandwiches so much we returned the second day to try a complete meal. I had the Opa's sausage and sauerkraut again because I really enjoyed my sandwich the day before. I chose the noodles as a side because I wasn't too fond of the potato salad. I was disappointed. The noodles were bland and didn't have much personality. The meal didn't include that wonderful pumpernickel bread that I had with the sandwich the day before. We both enjoyed our sandwiches more than the full meal which we feel was over priced. If we ever do return here, I will go back to ordering a sandwich which I thought was a better meal and a better value.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We enjoyed our time and meal here but we liked the brewing co restaurant better. The service at this restaurant was great, food was good and atmosphere was fun.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Altdorf is our familys favorite spot to eat when in Fredericksburg, which is often.Food is always good and plentiful and I love that it is such a casual place. My complaints about this wonderful establishment is this; No music, there used to be polka music...I want it back...maybe just a little quieter than before..but still it would add something no other place has...a real biergarten feel. Tourist would love it too!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This is a must every time we come. The food is always great. We always try something different and they never disappoint. Also try their sangria it is so yummy!!!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was not a pleasant meal. We have eaten plenty of German food, and the schnitzel was not good, the worst potato salad ever. When my husband wouldn't use the men's room because it was too unclean, that's bad.

1  Thank Ellen R