“First stop”

Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband's favorite biergarten. We make it a point to leave Fort Worth and arrive for lunch outside. Good food, friendly staff, great draft beer selection

Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I were up for trying something new when we stumbled upon this little restaurant. Both of us ordered a sandwich from the german specialties, and thought the food was very yummy! I had the reuben and my husband had the opa. Both of us had the sweet and sour potatoes (German potatoe salad). Service was great! Very attentive! If you are looking for a homey type environment and some good food I would really recommend this place.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My favorite time to come here is in October, but last Saturday was a rare cooler than usual August day in Texas, and we treated ourselves to lunch outside in the biergarten. Altdorf makes a very good burger, but I decided to try the Opa's sausage sandwich. It was very good, and I even ate most of the sauerkraut on it. We resisted the peach cobbler, but if in Fredericksburg during peach season, one really shouldn't miss out on it!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I wish I had seen the bathroom before I ate. I will NEVER eat at this place again. If the rule of thumb is true you can judge the kitchen by the bathroom, heaven help you if you eat here. And yes, I did get sick! The food tasted good, the service was good, but the lack of care of cleanliness was more than disgusting. We usually go to a different place just down the street from Altdorf, but just to be different and sit out on the patio we decided to give this a try - BAD decision.

1  Thank PeggyJ-Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The restaurant was very busy and the service was lacking, but the food and beer was excellent. I wish we would have had dessert! The outdoor seating area is great, but we chose the a/c in July and the walled off rooms are definitely interesting.