“Lousy experience.”

Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Lousy experience.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was not clean. Found last guest's undergarment in bathroom. Couch was terribly uncomfortable. Tiny microwave & refrigerator in our "suite". Package with coffee creamer was open & stirer missing. Light cover missing. Telephones not working. Pool was green and slimey.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank LGVLG
DI_FBG, Manager at Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am sorry we offered a sub standard product. We strive to offer a nice and clean place to stay. As per our conversation upon check out, we had a storm in Fredericksburg. inclement weather through out the week.

We should have provided the level of service we normally do. We were waiting on parts that had not arrived. Had you informed me upon check in I would have relocated you to another room or offered to cancel your reservation and help relocate you to another Hotel. Why wait for 2 days?.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Desk Clerk was very helpful when I had repeated problems with the keycard in opening the door to my room. Much appreciated as the problem(s) were of my own making.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank bwarren992
Knysna, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We were so tired by the time we reached Fredericksburg, we booked into the first hotel we could find. So sorry we did not spend more time looking for another place to stay.
The room was smelly, the base of the bed was broken, so we had a very bad night, although we were very tired.
We wanted to report the bed to the Front Desk person the next morning, but there was no one on duty. We had breakfast, hoping someone would show - all in vain. We left at about 10 o clock without seeing anyone on duty.
The breakfast was very poor.
I feel that this hotel is extremely neglected - what a shame!

• Stayed April 2013
DI_FBG, Manager at Days Inn Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
I am sorry no one was at the front desk. We had a maintenance issue. I will contact you.

Travelers are raving about these Fredericksburg hotels

Sachse
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived to early & were told in order to have a clean room we must wait until after 5:00 PM.
This would have been O.K., except when we returned all of the better rooms were taken & we would have to take an upstairs room My husband & I are not able to handle luggage up & down stairs so our host allowed us to take the only downstairs room in which the second bed had been taken out.
I wish I had mentioned that we would need a downstairs room the first time we tried to check in at 2:00 PM. The location was wonder4ful & not bad on the outsides, but had that "old" smell inside even though it was fairly clean. I think they need to be refurbished & updated. We will stay elsewhere next time. We loved Fredericksburg; however. We might try a Bed & Breakfast next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Larry J
I am sorry you misunderstood me, the check in is anytime after 3 as posted. Had you requested me to save you a room, I most certainly would have.
North Richland Hills
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as it was pretty much the only thing available. At a rate of $149.95 per night you would expect a nice room. On our 5 hour trip to the hotel we tried to reach them to let them know we would not be there until late that evening. The phone just rang and rang with no answer...we tried calling all the way there. Upon arrival the manager/clerk told us he was having trouble with his PBX system?? The room was not clean, we found moldy food left in the refrigerator from a previous guest. The room and hotel seemed to be either very old or just poorly constructed. There was bad odor that came and went. Electrical faceplates were hanging, crud on the floors, old dated bedspreads, etc. The free breakfast looked horrible! Everyone that came down to the breakfast turned around and left...it looked dirty and the food did not look fit to eat. The pool water was green and covered with algae. The mattresses were very cheap and hard. Based on our experience, we would not stay at a Days Inn ever again! This place was "very" overpriced for what we received.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Debniak S
I am sorry you had a unsatisfactory stay. I would have changed your room had you called me. We are not in the business of providing an unsatisfactory product. We had 46 guest who had a satisfying breakfast last weekend. Our pool is seasonal and opens in May.