“Go check it out on a weekday”

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
More attraction details
Owner description: Enormous pink rock dome that rises 325 feet above a small stream.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We came here on a Tuesday afternoon so we didn't hit any of the traffic problems that other people have mentioned.

It was a nice, sunny 80 degree day in April. We just took the summit trail and the hike took about 30-40 minutes and it's a good workout. I'm in average shape and I was pretty beat when I got to the top. Like other people said, make sure you bring your water and sunscreen. The view from the top was incredible.

My only complaint had to do with the person who was selling the tickets to get in. She was really rude for no reason. Relax, lady, you're just selling tickets to go climb a rock.

1  Thank Keith Y

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a great evening hiking here! Didn't stay as long as I had planned since I made my husband walk all around Fredericksburg and he was tired of "hiking" but we loved it. The view from the top is beautiful!

1  Thank Wowx3
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A challenge for those who like to hike and climb. A great place for an afternoon trip from Fredericksburg for a picnic and a hike to the top.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nothing i did NOT like, it was awesome climbing to the top of enchanted rock. The sites were beautiful! Well worth it.

1  Thank toosweet37
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Everyone told us we needed to see enchanted rock. I was not prepared when my wife said lets climb the rock. I was leary at first but as we started I enjoyed the experience. If your in the area you have to visit, make sure you bring plenty of water. You will enjoy the view.