“Exceeded expectations!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dietzel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Dietzel Motel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“Exceeded expectations!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've grown up on Austin my whole life and spent numerous weekends in Fredericksburg and most of the overnight trips at B&Bs. But when they require a min 2 night stay and you are just looking for a quick getaway and dinner at the Hill Top Cafe, this is the place to go! I'd known this little motel all my life as we passed by it on our way through Fburg and staying there was just something I'd always wanted to do! A bonus was that they let me bring my small dog. We will repeat our weekend soon and will definitely return to the Dietzel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Redfishtx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

This nothing fancy, but it;s clean and very reasonable. They even take pets. I know, there are a lot of big-name chain places in Fredericksburg, but the Deitzel is what one would expect from a really nice "mom and pop" motel. It's worth a check-out, and i don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank the_steeles
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Difficult time finding a room the weekend we visited, but selected Dietzel Motel after combing through Trip Advisor reviews, & we were not disappointed. Had noticed the place during previous visits, but never considered staying there because it looked so plain & simple, & plain & simple it is. However, we would not hesitate to stay there again & look forward to doing so. The place is absolutely one of the cleanest properties we have ever stayed in, anywhere. Can't remember the last time you would even consider walking around a hotel/motel room in your bare feet? You will here. If you keep your own home spotless & wish hotels/motels would keep their properties the same, then you will be happy at Dietzel Motel. A big thank you to the owners for keeping their focus on top notch housekeeping. Nice clean refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker. Towels & sheets that smell of bleach. Not another guest's hair anywhere. Can't say that about too many other properties, regardless of the chain name or room rate. The owners would do their business a great big favor if they did a little landscaping in the front to make the property look a little more inviting to potential guests passing by, but absolutely ZERO complaints otherwise.

Room Tip: #117 is a large room with king bed, sofa, recliner & huge picture window overlooking the back pa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank smvhou
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been a regular customer at this property for over 50 years. I came here with my parents when I was a child and I am 65 y.o. now. It has been a mom and pop operation for all of those years and it has always offered clean, comfortable, safe accommodations without a lot of frills. Our only complaint is related to the drapes on the large window in the room that faces the lawn. The drapes are good quality but they do not block the sunlight that comes in the window. Because of this, it is not possible to keep the room semi-dark in the morning if you want to sleep in a little. Although it was not an issue for us, our bathroom did not have a bathtub, but did have a nice tile, stall shower. We will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jerry H
Bedford, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband & I were traveling with our preschool daughter, my parents & my brother. We chose the Dietzel Motel b/c they had adjoining rooms available. We couldn't have been happier! The staff was friendly & courteous. Our rooms were clean and were thoughtfully remodeled. The motel was quiet and the view from the large back window made it feel almost like we were staying in a cabin - a good place for birdwatching. The pool was clean & stocked with pool noodles & floats. We picnicked at their picnic table & lounged under the gazebo. A truly relaxing visit!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TXtraveler797
Weatherford, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I have been staying at least once a year. When my aunt doesn't have a room for us at her house we choose the Diezel Motel. It is always clean and very cozy. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We will always come back.

Room Tip: The mini frig was great but I should have actually turned it on. My bad. :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anita G
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I picked this place because it was ranked #2 here and #1 was booked. Make no mistake, it is a motel, not hotel. I saw at least 3 other places that looked nicer on the way through town. It was inexpensive and the staff was very nice. Bed/sheets not very comfortable and the AC was a 20 year old window unit. If recommend staying somewhere nicer and spending a little more money.

• Stayed July 2013