“No Frills Comfy Beds”
Review of Dietzel Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fredericksburg
Dietzel Motel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“No Frills Comfy Beds”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

The Dietzel Motel has a great location. I booked three rooms for a Christmas family vacation. The Motel is a TRUE motel. You park in front of your room. The rooms are a true throwback to the '70's with flat screen TVs and cable. The motel is affordable with comfortable beds and great pillows. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of the room. If all you need is a comfy place to sleep while you shop and eat in this awesome town, don't think twice about sleeping at this locally-owned Motel.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is our second stay at the Dietzel motel and have not been disappointed either time. If you're looking for a clean, quiet and no frills type of room, this one will fit your bill. The rooms are spacious as is the bathroom. The owners are also great and we look forward to our next stay at the Deiztel motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bellaspasm
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Highly recommend , I found by reviews on line,,, probably wouldn't stop if I just drove by, it being an older motel, but a great place to stay if your looking for clean roomy place. Rooms are very nice --- large bathroom with a separate area to do hair & makeup. Rooms are larger than the nicer hotels I've stated at. Will differently be staying here my next trip to Fredrickburg-- family owned -- very nice people. One of the cleanest places I've been at.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Jakara01
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We generally stay at a Hampton, but for one night, we didn't want to spend the $185. For $85, we got very clean, no frills, ( this is a motel, not a hotel) room. The king bed was very clean and very comfortable...that was our main interest. Ambience is frugal grandma! TV and plumbing worked fine. Didn't plug in the mini-frig or use the microwave. If you like clean and want to save a few bucks, I recommend. Also, friendly staff and we got a cup of coffee in the office before we checked out. Not the place for a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: Basic and clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been staying at the Dietzel Motel for over 40 years. Why do I keep going back?

#1. I love being able to drive up to my room and walk right in. No stairs, no lobby!

#2. The Value! You can't find a cleaner and basic room for the money anywhere.

#3. Andy and Trudi, the owners, are the greatest folks you will ever meet. They are very accommdateing and I feel like they are part of my family.

#4. My wife and I love the atmosphere of the 50's and 60's. An era that in most places does not exist any longer.

AN EXCELLENT VALUE AND JUST PLAIN GOOD FOLKS MAKING YOU FEEL AT HOME!

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservations - Restaurant is withen walking distance. Great Steaks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tommy s
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I absolutely hate to spend a lot of money for a hotel room. I also don't want to stay in a dump which is always a fear when you don't like to spend a lot. We got a room this past Friday night at the Dietzel Motel for $85 without a reservation. This was the opening of parimutuel racing at the Gillespie County Fairgrounds and the weekend after 4th of July. So we really weren't expecting such a great find. The entire property is amazingly clean. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go out and rake the gravel driveway! And the peaceful view out the back window was where I spent the first ten minutes commenting to my husband, "Look how pretty it is back here. Look how CLEAN this window is!!!" We had such a great stay that this will be our go to place when in "the 'burg" with our 2 kids. The front and back of the property is huge with plenty of room for the kids to run. And a gazebo and chairs to sit and enjoy!! If you are really looking for a deal and aren't so rotten that you need valet service, onsite spa or a fancy swimming pool with a waterfall then this is your place. If you are that rotten, go spend $200 somewhere else in town to have people stomp around in the room above you, slamming doors, and kids running up and down the hall. We'll enjoy the peace and quiet at Dietzel!!

Room Tip: We were told they were in the process of getting WiFi to all of the rooms but weren't finished...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MamaB1
Ireland
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here in 2011 with a group of friends and found it to be quiet place to stay, short drive to town centre.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends