“First Class Service!”

The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #17 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I want to first start by saying that When we checked in on July 4th, Carrie at the front desk treated us like royalty, she treated us like very valuable guests and her service and smile were truly genuine. We always stay at this hotel when we take weekends get-always to Fort Worth and we love it, especially the close proximity the Sundance Square.

I rated this hotel with five starts based on the service Carrie provided, otherwise, I would have rated it fours starts because the hotel needs to be renovated, especially the furniture in the rooms and lobby. Additionally, refrigerators in the rooms would be nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Sundance Square
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The Renaissance Worthington made for a great wedding-party hotel. The customer service was exceptional (even for a Renaissance), and the valet team made it easy to get in and get out. The rooms were spacious, clean, and had outstanding views of downtown Fort Worth (and the fireworks for the 4th). Breakfast at Vidalias was outstanding, and deserves comment. Worth every penny. The mezzanine offers a great meeting area, serving Starbucks coffee, and was a good place to relax and watch the soccer games. The only negative comment that I have about this hotel is the elevator situation. There simply are not enough elevators to meet the hotel capacity, so be ready to wait.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My beloved's birthday is coming up and we wanted to get away without going too far. We picked a total winner!! From the moment we walked in the lobby I was in love. The room was perfect. Service was excellent, so many smiling faces making sure our needs were met. Location wise you cannot get any better. Everything fun to see and all the great restaurants are walking distance. We usually only go to Ft Worth during the arts festival but will be making this side trip again and again. And shhh but I do believe I know where our wedding reception will be :))

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This year we wanted to spend our anniversary in Fort Worth, rather than Dallas, TX just because FW offers everything we want (great places to eat, a more laid back atmosphere) than Dallas. I sent over flowers early and the hotel caught on. We were greeted by a friendly valet service, who kept the car available per our request because we planned to leave soon after arriving for our dinner. Before we even made it to the front desk we were greeted by a friendly "navigator" who directed us to the desk. We let them know right away it was our anniversary and before we could say another word we were informed that our reservation had already been upgraded to a king suite with a balcony on the top floor. The gentleman from the front desk also stated he would send up champagne and strawberries for free as well (which never actually arrived but we were ok with that as we had our own late night snack anyway). Since I am a federal employee I take advantage of my federal discount which usually gets us a pretty room right next to the elevator. This room was the exact opposite. We were in the far southwest corner of the hotel which was the farthest possible from the elevator (and also quite a trek everytime we came to and from our room). In our room, they had already delivered the flowers which impressed my wife (and me as well, it is almost embarrassing to have to call the front desk asking if they could send up the flowers I had already had delivered earlier in the day.). We left to eat and decided to walk, so we had the valet park my car and we had no issues the rest of the night. The next morning, I grabbed a coffee and bagel from the onsite Starbucks. I was hoping for a breakfast sandwich but this Starbucks did not offer any. After we had packed up, I called for the valet to bring the car around and for a bellman to bring up a cart for our bags. After the bellman grabbed our bags, he took off like a shot down the corridor with our bags and we missed his elevator so my wife and I rode the elevator by ourselves. Unfortunately, our elevator had some problems. It made some strange noises and stopped at the 8th floor quite abruptly. The doors did not open. Then it descended once again and stopped at the 5th floor. The doors remained shut and our anxiety started to increase. Again the elevator descended to the FC (Fitness Center floor or 3rd floor) and stopped there. The doors did not open and it did not move for several minutes. I hit the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st floor buttons again and nothing happened. I hit the help button and someone was alerted immediately of our predicament. They alerted security and engineering and our elevator finally made it safely to the lobby level within 10-15 minutes with doors that opened!! We quickly jumped off the elevator and were greeted by very friendly and concerned staff that were extremely apologetic about the issue with the elevator. They got our names and room number and comped us for the valet parking and half the cost of the room. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and this hotel has made it to the top of our list for go-to hotels in Fort Worth. Granted we were there in the middle of the week and the hotel had a very low number of guests but we appreciated the high level of customer service and plan to stay at this hotel again in the future. My wife was impressed with the Aveda complimentary toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc.)

Room Tip: The elevator is on the eastern side of the hotel and the rooms are numbered with the smallest number...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Excellent Hotel, a bit pricey but nice just the same. Good food and drink and great service. The hotel is decorated beautifully with an updated Texas style with a bit of old Fort Worth still present. I enjoyed it very much.

Room Tip: None that I can think of.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed for at the Renaissance Worthington Hotel for a weekend getaway. It is located within walking distance to Sundance Square. If you have not been to Fort Worth, I would recommend staying at this hotel. Almost everything is within walking distance (except for the Stockyards). I would recommend taking a trip to the Stockyard area. It is great for families as well as for couples. Ask for a higher level room. The views are amazing!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I attended a convention. Checked-in June 5 and out on June 8th. We had no complaints at ALL! We have allergies so we stayed on the 10th floor, a floor dedicated to feather free rooms. Loved it! The hotel was very nice & clean, service was excellent, from the front desk to valet and bell hop service, room service, maid service, etc. We definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014