“Great place”

Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Richardson, Texas
“Great place”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is huge so they offer the full range of services and is in a perfect location if you are partying in Sundance Square. Staff was very nice, the room was nice, the bedding was fantastic. The value was tremendous for the quality and location. you cannot go wrong staying here. I do not state that it was excellent because we really had no special needs while we were there (other than being a little hungover in the morning!) so we probably did not give them an opportunity to rise to the level of "fantastic" or excellent. I usually reserve that for the exceptional. But I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip & it is a very nice hotel. The hotel décor is very inviting & the Starbucks on the mezzanine level comes in handy as well! Just to note, it isn't a full-up Starbucks so you can't use your Starbucks card there...at least I don't believe so.
The beds are quite comfortable & the rooms are well appointed. The concierge lounge has great evening snacks & desserts as well as a decent breakfast selection. The downside is you can't access the lounge unless you're at least a Gold Elite member.
Parking is pretty expensive. There is a self-park lot nearby for $16/night.
Overall, this is a great hotel that is in the downtown Ft. Worth area within walking distance of several restaurants & other hangout spots.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NerdyGirl08
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Renaissance are always nice, and this one is no exception. Rated it a 4 instead of 5 for one reason... The most important reason... Room cleanliness. I stay 100+ nights a year in hotels for business, so I see things most people do not. When I go to plug in my phone and there is a massive amount of dust accumulated behind the nightstand and bed it tells me housekeeping does not have a good deep cleaning plan. Management take note, go do some room inspections. My room and my two colleagues had the same exact issue. Not excusable in a hotel of this class.

Now the good.. Staff was great, valet, desk, restaurant all very nice folks. I was pleasantly surprised that the restaurant Vidalia was priced well, had great food and outstanding service.

I would stay again, and it is very conveniently located in downtown Ft. Worth. The property is beautiful, lobby spacious and warm.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ideal location, in the center of Fort Worth. The rooms are standard 4* rooms, clean and spacious (in line with the price). Friendly staff.
Negative point is the noise of the music entering through the windows (24/24Hr). My room was on the 9th floor and still the music played in (and in front of the lobby) entered my room (through reflection, I assume). This noise (music) is annoying, especially in the middle of the night, to sleep. The spa was not working during my (3 days) stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary weekend. It is a wonderful location right next to sundance square. at first we were stayin near a noisy room and when we went to the front desk, they immediately changed our room to a quieter floor where we were able to enjoy a beautiful view and relax! You can tell the staff is very well trained and have wonderful customer service skills. I loved the hotel itself, including the decor. Can't wait to come again!!

• Stayed November 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for almost 2 years during my business trip to Fort Worth Area. I loved the location of this hotel, it is in the heart of the fort worth downtown. If you are a marriott member, there is no better place to stay in this area. I wish staff members were more friendly and customer focused. I had several incidents when staff was very cold and not so welcoming even though I was a repeat customer for almost 2 years. This area really needs a lot of work. I liked the hotel and location. I would stay here again just because there is no other Marriott in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the downtown on 8th floor.