“Pretty good hotel”

Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty good hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I am currently in the hotel for a work conference. So far, here is my evaluation of the place.

Service: The staff seems attentive. However they seemed completely unprepared at check in for the 300 people attending this conference. There were only two people at the check-in desk and eventually they moved it up for four. I was promised a phone call when my room was ready that never came. However, I also made a number of other requests, all of which were done promptly this far.

Parking: Ridiclous. First, I am handicapped and the "on-site" parking is about a block and half away for the main entrance. Most hotels in urban areas with limited parking allow persons with a handicap to use the valet at a free or discounted rate. Not this place. So I am forced to play the exorbitant amount for valet parking. There doesn't seem to be enough space in the self-park garage at $16 a night. So again, you are forced to use the valet at $22 a night. The valets were helpful with directions and I love that I can call down and have my car waiting for me.

Rooms: The room size is great. The bed is pretty comfortable. The bathroom counter could have been cleaned a little better but all in all I didn't see anything too bad. My MAJOR issue with the room/hotel is the lack of free Wi-Fi in the rooms. $13 or $16 a night for wi-fi in the room. Who doesn't do free wi-fi in 2013? Also, the place isn't exactly soundproof. You can hear people in their rooms from the hallway and vice versa.

Amenities: There is no real "business center." It's a copy machine inside a gift shop and even that closes at 9pm. The meeting rooms are large and accommodating. I hear the fitness center is pretty good but I haven't been down there yet.

Location: This is what you are paying for. Walking distance to anything worth seeing downtown. Excellent location.

The hotel itself is a pretty good hotel. But the price gouging on the parking and Internet really leave a bad taste in my mouth. Would I stay here again? Maybe. But I would definitely keep my eyes open for other options.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank drwatsonjd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

On sundance sqr. Texas elegant. Walk to anywhere. Big, comfortable quiet room. Great hotel for business conference. Parking is pricey. Never ate at hotel. Helpful, friendly staff. No pool. 2nd stay, both good. Wifi only in lobby and mez.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I attended a late showing of "Four Day Weekend" (MUST SEE!), which is right around the corner from the hotel, and decided to stay the night and forego the long drive home. Except for the bathroom, the hotel room itself was fine. The bed was very comfortable. My complaint is that there is no buffer of sound from the hallway. It's as if we left the door to the room wide open all night. The hallway noise kept us awake most of the night.

Complaint #2; the hotel restaurant. The breakfast buffet wasn't worth the money. Not sure if the ladies at the omlet station were new, but they clearly were not experienced in making omlets. Also, there were also lots of tables available, but there was a 15-minute wait to be seated. Maybe short-staffed?

Lastly, there were a few strands of someone else's hair in the tub. Luckily I had my own cleaning supplies. It was late and I didn't want the hassle of asking and waiting for the cleaning crew to return or switch rooms. I just cleaned it.

Overall, for the money we spent on that overnight visit, I wish we'd just driven the hour's drive home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
El Reno, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We usually stay at Embassy Suites when visiting Ft Worth, but decided to try this hotel for a change. We had a great experience: clean room, great staff, and fun time. We were close to all our favorite places, and we would recommend this hotel to others visiting Ft Worth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and efficient. Staff was friendly and available, yet invisible when appropriate. Room service was "on the ball". Loved the text valet service. The car was always ready when promised. Rooms were clean, fresh, and inviting. My top stay recommendation in Ft Worth.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have to say the theme of my review is the title. It's an OK place, in fact it's pretty nice, but is it worth the $$. I have to say NO. I had access to the Concierge Floor or Executive Floor. The service on this floor was pretty good, the rest of the room and other aspects were only so so at best.

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I am sure that at some point in the future I will stay there again, but does that mean I think that the hotel is worth the amount charged? Nope. When I return, there are some other hotels in downtown Ft. Worth and I will be trying some of them. Stay here if that's what you want, if you are looking for a decent value with decent accommodations, I would shop around. I have to believe with construction in downtown Ft. Worth there will be more competition for the upscale traveler.

Again, this is nice, but it's not over the top as they have the pricing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 678855
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Yesterday, I married my now husband at the Worthington. We had a wonderful experience. Our event coordinator, Lindsey, was absolutely wonderful! She definitely knows what she is doing and is so willing to help in any way. About 90% of our wedding guests were travelling in from out of state/country and the hotel was so accommodating for all of them. The wedding in general was managed terrifically and flowed so smoothly. The bar tenders were fantastic. The groom went up to the bar tender and asked him to make the bar tender's favorite drink. He made the most delicious Long Island iced tea the groom had ever had. The service (both the wait staff and bar tenders) was speedy and very professional. We chose to have the pecan crusted chicken with cheesy risotto as our main course. The chicken was cooked perfectly and the risotto was amazing. There wasn't any point in the evening that we felt rushed or unwelcome at all. They were even welcomed our bagpiper to come play inside the hotel. The day of the wedding we had some last minute accommodations with both seating and a family members health. Both situations were handled professionally and courteously. At the end of the evening the groom and I were happy to retreat to our complimentary honeymoon suit for some R&R. We HIGHLY recommend having a rooftop wedding on the terrace followed by a fun filled reception in their Rio Grande ballroom with light up pillars that can be customized for your wedding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks over Sundance Square or the Courthouse for an amazing view.