“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ft. Collins, CO
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for New Year's Eve. Very cool, inviting lobby area, great check-in experience. I booked three rooms for us and two other couples. As a result, we asked for and were upgraded to a beautiful corner one bedroom suite which we used as a hospitality suite. Very courteous, attentive staff, accommodated all requests quickly and graciously. We had a very pleasant New Year's Eve dinner in downtown Ft. Worth, where everything is within walking distance (Ferre`, check it out) and returned to a jammin' band in the upstairs lounge. Very satisfying stay! Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TJC822

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to this hotel for a wedding over the weekend. Overall, enjoyed the stay. Rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Pros- Good location in downtown FW next to shops/restaurants. Nice lobby and friendly staff. Clean rooms,halls, lobby etc.

Cons- Parking is expensive. $17 overnight. The hotel bar is tucked away and was closed at times you would expect it to be open (6p on Sat. night).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family travels to Ft. Worth about once per year and this property is the nicest hotel within walking distance of Sundance Square, the convention center, downtown attractions, etc. While the hotel is aging, we did notice they were renovating which is a good sign. And the service was very, very good. While we were there, there was a wedding, business convention & cheer competition all going on and the hotel was completely booked. Our service was great though from everyone (housekeeping, concierge, front desk, restaurant, etc). I will continue to stay at this property on my travels to Ft. Worth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
san clemente ca
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Worthington is in the middle of the business end of Ft Worth. Perfect for business, pleasure, meetings. Somewhat close to museums (requires car or $20 taxi ride each way) and tourist attractions. Clean, updated, nice amenities, internet. Id stay here again.... oh, and the bed is heavenly.... took great cozy naps....!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dinerosdeb
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveled to the Renaissance Worthington for business travel during the last week of November, 2012. Hotel is standard business fair, with appropriate amenities for such: attached convention center, large lounge, gym and without close walking distance of many restaurants/shopping around the square. Room rates were reasonable, however, they were negotiated substantially for our meeting (with included free wi-fi).

Likes: Size of rooms, walking distance to restaurants/shopping

Dislikes: Dated decor of rooms, lack of ambience in common areas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Longview, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a one-night stay at this hotel. We thought that it was nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Nice view.
Many interesting restaurants within walking distance. Wish we had more time to visit the restaurants and shops nearby.
The only negative for me was the Saturday night noise from people outside the hotel. Traffic and crowds were noisy well past midnight.
Room rate $169 + $16 for parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I trusted the Worthington with my 10-year anniversary this week by getting a balcony suite. The room was I'm sure at one time super-nice but years of poor maintenance and the hotel's service was far less than sub-par. When paying $400 for a room for one night, I expect an experience, not a room. That's what the Days Inn is for. There were way too many lights burned out and I don't think they'd dusted in years. The patio was very dirty.

They let me down. We arrived at 3:30 and had to wait until 5 for them to clean our room. I had made preparations in advance to have the room ready when we arrived. They assured me it would be. I had asked for some surprises to be delivered to my room upon arrival. They assured me they'd be in the room before we got up to it. Two hours later when it hadn't shown up I called and told them not to bother.

The staff on hand were courteous, but nothing I had asked for was done at all, let alone in a timely manner. I'll let the Omni handle special events from now on. They've never disappointed. I will not be staying in a Renaissance again and I recommend you don't either.

Room Tip: The Omni or Hilton downtown are much better options. Go there.