“Nicest Hotel in Ft Worth”

The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Houston
“Nicest Hotel in Ft Worth”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family travels to Ft. Worth about once per year and this property is the nicest hotel within walking distance of Sundance Square, the convention center, downtown attractions, etc. While the hotel is aging, we did notice they were renovating which is a good sign. And the service was very, very good. While we were there, there was a wedding, business convention & cheer competition all going on and the hotel was completely booked. Our service was great though from everyone (housekeeping, concierge, front desk, restaurant, etc). I will continue to stay at this property on my travels to Ft. Worth.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
san clemente ca
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Worthington is in the middle of the business end of Ft Worth. Perfect for business, pleasure, meetings. Somewhat close to museums (requires car or $20 taxi ride each way) and tourist attractions. Clean, updated, nice amenities, internet. Id stay here again.... oh, and the bed is heavenly.... took great cozy naps....!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dinerosdeb
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Traveled to the Renaissance Worthington for business travel during the last week of November, 2012. Hotel is standard business fair, with appropriate amenities for such: attached convention center, large lounge, gym and without close walking distance of many restaurants/shopping around the square. Room rates were reasonable, however, they were negotiated substantially for our meeting (with included free wi-fi).

Likes: Size of rooms, walking distance to restaurants/shopping

Dislikes: Dated decor of rooms, lack of ambience in common areas

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Longview, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a one-night stay at this hotel. We thought that it was nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Nice view.
Many interesting restaurants within walking distance. Wish we had more time to visit the restaurants and shops nearby.
The only negative for me was the Saturday night noise from people outside the hotel. Traffic and crowds were noisy well past midnight.
Room rate $169 + $16 for parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I trusted the Worthington with my 10-year anniversary this week by getting a balcony suite. The room was I'm sure at one time super-nice but years of poor maintenance and the hotel's service was far less than sub-par. When paying $400 for a room for one night, I expect an experience, not a room. That's what the Days Inn is for. There were way too many lights burned out and I don't think they'd dusted in years. The patio was very dirty.

They let me down. We arrived at 3:30 and had to wait until 5 for them to clean our room. I had made preparations in advance to have the room ready when we arrived. They assured me it would be. I had asked for some surprises to be delivered to my room upon arrival. They assured me they'd be in the room before we got up to it. Two hours later when it hadn't shown up I called and told them not to bother.

The staff on hand were courteous, but nothing I had asked for was done at all, let alone in a timely manner. I'll let the Omni handle special events from now on. They've never disappointed. I will not be staying in a Renaissance again and I recommend you don't either.

Room Tip: The Omni or Hilton downtown are much better options. Go there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zadok01
Zofingen, Switzerland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days on a business trip. The hotel is located in the center of Ft Worth. Nice area, lots of things in walking distance. Rooms are a bit old-fashioned. Service is ok. They were not able to offer me a deal for WiFi based on my extended stay and the rates are insane. Gym is super, lots of different stations clean and spacious. Breakfast is way too expensive like is Dinner and Room Service. Over the weekend they have wedding parties, it may get a bit noisy then.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 2 nights in the presidential suite, which was on 2 floors. The room view was amazing and so was the balconys. The living room was amazing, just to hang out and listening to the music my friend played on the piano. It's really relaxing to spend the evening on the balcony with the incredible view. The whole room was clean and we had more than enough space. We loved to piano very much. My friend thought that room-service delivery was a bit slow as she ordered only cereal and it took them forever, but we ordered at a time when it gets super busy, so I thought it wasn't too bad. All in all I couldn't have had a better stay, it was brilliant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends