“Nice hotel and area” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 108 Hotels in Fort Worth
Longview, Texas
“Nice hotel and area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a one-night stay at this hotel. We thought that it was nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. Nice view.
Many interesting restaurants within walking distance. Wish we had more time to visit the restaurants and shops nearby.
The only negative for me was the Saturday night noise from people outside the hotel. Traffic and crowds were noisy well past midnight.
Room rate $169 + $16 for parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
College Station, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I trusted the Worthington with my 10-year anniversary this week by getting a balcony suite. The room was I'm sure at one time super-nice but years of poor maintenance and the hotel's service was far less than sub-par. When paying $400 for a room for one night, I expect an experience, not a room. That's what the Days Inn is for. There were way too many lights burned out and I don't think they'd dusted in years. The patio was very dirty.

They let me down. We arrived at 3:30 and had to wait until 5 for them to clean our room. I had made preparations in advance to have the room ready when we arrived. They assured me it would be. I had asked for some surprises to be delivered to my room upon arrival. They assured me they'd be in the room before we got up to it. Two hours later when it hadn't shown up I called and told them not to bother.

The staff on hand were courteous, but nothing I had asked for was done at all, let alone in a timely manner. I'll let the Omni handle special events from now on. They've never disappointed. I will not be staying in a Renaissance again and I recommend you don't either.

Room Tip: The Omni or Hilton downtown are much better options. Go there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zadok01
Zofingen, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days on a business trip. The hotel is located in the center of Ft Worth. Nice area, lots of things in walking distance. Rooms are a bit old-fashioned. Service is ok. They were not able to offer me a deal for WiFi based on my extended stay and the rates are insane. Gym is super, lots of different stations clean and spacious. Breakfast is way too expensive like is Dinner and Room Service. Over the weekend they have wedding parties, it may get a bit noisy then.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I spent 2 nights in the presidential suite, which was on 2 floors. The room view was amazing and so was the balconys. The living room was amazing, just to hang out and listening to the music my friend played on the piano. It's really relaxing to spend the evening on the balcony with the incredible view. The whole room was clean and we had more than enough space. We loved to piano very much. My friend thought that room-service delivery was a bit slow as she ordered only cereal and it took them forever, but we ordered at a time when it gets super busy, so I thought it wasn't too bad. All in all I couldn't have had a better stay, it was brilliant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Medford, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights with a large group from a wedding. We were all put on one floor.
Obviously there were some complaints about noise. I was with my family and not making any noise. I was walking in the hall at 10:00 at night going towards the elevator, when a really rude security person came up and told me that we were making too much noise and if we had one more complaint we would be kicked out. I just happened to be in the hall when this man came up. I was not drunk, nor was I making any noise, the man assume it was me.

I have stayed in many Marriotts before and I have never had a problem. I did not experience this at the desk, they seemed very courteous. I certainly did not like being threatened to be thrown out for something I did not do. I think there security staff is over-zealous and I definitely would not stay there again.

Mary Ann

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MFeisty
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stay in about 40 hotels a year and this is the worst I have stayed in. From the moment you arrive with the disinterested valet into teh music blasting out in reception to the tired rooms (no fridge).
I also paid extra to stay on teh club floor, teh cnapes in teh evening were a token offerring and at 4 in the morning I was woken by the staff clattering crockery. If you do choose to stay here avoid rooms withing 10 of the elevators, they are really long corridors and lots of peopel walk past , the doors are thin and poor fitting. If on teh club floor (8) make that 20.
Never again

Room Tip: See note above
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank john m
Red Oak, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited this hotel as my husband and I planned to visit Fort Worth for the weekend. The hotel was nice and very large but definitely not worth the price per night plus the daily $16.00 self-parking fee. Also, WiFi is not free. The beds were very nice but the hotel just seemed to be an older decor, not updated. Lots of activities going on in the hotel, conferences, weddings, etc., so if you want peace and quiet, this is not the hotel for you. Plus, there is construction going on next door and doesn't seem they will be finished any time soon. Some of the roads were blocked so everyone was forced to use valet service for most of the day. If you enjoy crowds and more of an older look to a hotel, you will like this one. The customer service was excellent! Every staff I came in contact with was wonderful. Kuddos to the customer service! Good location to many places to eat and to just look around downtown. Not sure I would stay again given the cost of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple