“great hotel, not bad price”
Review of Hilton Fort Worth

Hilton Fort Worth
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
berkeley, ca
“great hotel, not bad price”
Reviewed July 21, 2007

if you're looking to splurge a little bit, this hotel is great choice!! i loved their beds, so comfortable, and the furniture was very classy. the bathrooms were HUGE and it just felt like so luxurious too. no complaints here.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I love staying at the Hilton in Fort Worth! I stay each year on our anniversary as we stayed here for our honeymoon. We love our accommodations here. The rooms are so nice and it is in a great location to get to all the downtown activities without so much of the downtown noise that can be distracting.

I can't say enough wonderful things about the staff. They have helped me get a room year after year even when things are packed and it's always the same high quality stay each time.

• Liked — Accommodating staff
  • Disliked — Nothing it's all great!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
Montrose
Reviewed June 13, 2007

Hilton at its best, full of advice on what to see and do. Staff at door keen to park your car, get you a taxi, recommend a restaurant or just pass the time of day with you. When it rained and we were about to sit on a seat outside, they even raced over and dried it off for us! Leaving luggage there for a while on day of departure we were told - "Leave it all to us, go out and enjoy your day!" Staff actually looked happy at their work all the time!
Good central position for Sundance Square.

• Liked — Being pampered
  • Disliked — If bar prices were lowered a little, it might get a bit busier
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Houston, Tx
Reviewed May 7, 2007

While I am a big fan of HIlton, and am a Gold VIP, this one was not really my favorite. At $209 a night, it was a little pricey. The staff seemed really extra friendly and accomodating. The Executive Lounge was really really nice and well stocked and I could say it was worth it being able to use that on the top floor. All parking is valet. Downtown Ft Worth is really cool, and there's alot to do.

• Liked — The Executive Lounge Level
  • Disliked — Internet did NOT work
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2007

This Hilton seemed ill-equipped to deliver a decent Room Service experience. Cold tortilla soup, server forgot to include dressing for the steak salad, no rolls, called after finishing for tray pickup, found tray still outside my door next morning. $44 for a bum soup and salad. Front desk very reluctantly friendly, put into a smoking room (had a non-smoking room confirmed). Maybe I was punished for checking in before the outrageously late check-in time of 4pm? No creamers for coffee left in room (628). Sink handle fell off when I tried to turn on the hot water. Rug filthy (my white socks were dark on the bottom). Generally very unfriendly staff, completely ignored with each encounter. This is totally opposite from my other experiences with Fort Worthians during my stay. However, I was very efficiently served with a copy of my bill under my door (accurate to a T). Congratulations! I'm moving to Fort Worth permanently next month and hope I can recommend a good hotel to visiting friends and family (maybe the Omni when it opens?). Very disappointed, since the rate was nearly $200, and since I've had much better stays at the supposedly lower rated Hilton Garden Inn. Will not hesitate to stay in another Hilton property, but I would not recommend the Fort Worth Hilton.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service, housekeeping, aloof staff.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2007

My fiance, sister and myself checked into our respective rooms on Friday December 29th 2006 and checked out on January 1st 2007.

My parents had stayed at this hotel a couple years ago before it was a Hilton and HATED it....they even checked out early and went to the Renaissance Worthington Hotel for the rest of their trip.

My fiance surprised me and booked a room at the new Hilton.......I just have to say WOW. I read some of the other reviews and that seems to be when they were doing all their renovations because it is absolutely gorgeous now!

The staff was extrememely helpful. I needed an extra blanket and pillows and they were immediately delivered with a smile. We had a 4pm flight on New Years Day and they were more than happy to give us a 1pm late checkout! The room was extremely clean and decorated beautifully. I really wanted to take the brown throw with us!

One of the best parts about the Hilton is it's proximity to all the best restaurants and bars in downtown Ft. Worth!

All and all we were delightfully surprised with everything and everyone at the Hilton Ft. Worth. I showed my parents the pictures and they couldn't believe it was the same place!

• Liked — luxurious accomodations
  • Disliked — no free contintental breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — go to Mi Cocina for a mean Tex Mex meal and very potent drinks. Go to the rodeo in the stockyards too!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toribear5
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2006

We had the pleasure of staying at the Fort Worth Hilton while attending an event at the Fort Worth Conference Center , just one short block away. We found this to be a beautiful, historic hotel, elegant and well maintained and was a real value with our "convention special rate". Our room was spacious, very well decorated, the bed was perfect, the linens were luxurious. Our bathroom was huge with beautiful granite tiles everywhere, the shower/tub was typical, nothing fancy but very, very clean. My only disappointment was that there was not a refrigerator in the room and the windows did not open for fresh air. But the very quiet fan and precision temperature control kept us very comforatable. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, the desk staff was fabulous and quickly attended to our every request and whim. The waiters at the resturant, were the best we have every had, anywhere, friendly Darryl, Napoeleon and Omed were the picture of professionalism, courtesy and elegance and also always made us smile. The only disappointment with the staff came with the valet parking guys, they brought our car around promptly but changed the time on my clock, twice, and cranked the radio up. All and all though, this was one of the our very best hotel stays ever, we highly recommend this place. JFK stayed here the last night of his life, there is a hallway full of photos of that event, very interesting.

• Liked — The history, it was built in the 1920s and still has great character
  • Disliked — The valet parking guys and no in-room refrigerator
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out the public transportation, it's a great way to get around and see the sites
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple