“Historic charm”

Hilton Fort Worth
Ranked #10 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 19, 2010

While an older hotel, it is well maintained and does a good job of celebrating its link to the Kennedy assassination while staying classy. As one interested in American history, it was a cool experience to stay in the hotel where JFK spent his last night. The room itself was spacious and the HDTV was HUGE. The room fan was really noisy though -- had to shut it off in order to fall asleep, but the temperature didn't fluctuate too drastically. They've got a nice fitness room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Worth

Reviewed April 16, 2010

Had a great stay at the gorgeous Hilton Fort Worth. Lovely clean hotel, nicest staff, lots of character, really beautiful. Good location in downtown, where there isn't a lot to do however, you really need a car. Great breakfasts, huge rooms, super comfy beds, my only gripe would be with the cleaners, if you were in your room in the morning they generally missed your room then, didnt replace the shampoo/conditioner a few times but I should have taken this up with the front desk but we were so busy while there I never really had the chance. If I had have brought it up I know it would have been resolved immediately. Got a great deal on Hotels.com. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

There is certainly a lot of history associated with this hotel. The location is excellent, and the service, when I stayed there, was outstanding. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Although some of the age shows, it also tends to project character. The executive lounge offers nice hors d'oeuvres and a fine breakfast. However, the lounge is windowless and dark--it is almost uninviting in that respect.

The biggest hit I have against this hotel is the fact that they had a large gathering of high-school aged, Business Professionals of America participants. I have nothing against this, whatsoever, but the hotel staff seemed stymied and ill-prepared to accommodate this group. It made me wonder if the opportunity cost of drawing a convention (while forgoing service quality) was worth it. The Omni Hotel up the street would have been a better alternative, against with the Hilton Ft Worth simply cannot compete.

I will willingly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2010

As someone who spends about 90 days a year on the road, I'll admit I might be tougher on hotels than other travelers, but this place is awful. I arrived today from another "historic" hotel in Dallas, and while my front desk encounter was good things went down from there. I'm allergic to down and asked about the bedding and never did get a straight answer about what was in it... my room smelled incredibly musty and my desk chair was broken. Finally got a light acrylic blanket to take the place of a nice down comforter. Why can't hotels buy some down substitute bedding? It's warm, you can wash it and when someone comes in with allergies, you're not asking them to take LESS. Also, was told by engineering today when my TV just kept losing the picture that "the cable really doesn't get all the digital channels"... like TNT? Hello, you can pick up TNT anywhere... also the hotel claims it has HBO, but it only has HBO Family. Too bad I have no interest in The Land Time Forgot Part III. Oh, and there's NO PPV movies. What's that about? This place could use another revenue stream. Best of all was Room Service, I ordered a sandwich that my menu said came with fries and cole slaw. When I saw that it didn't have fries I asked where they were and was told "that doesn't come with fries". I got my menu and showed the server and she was really surprised... saying "well, we don't have this menu downstairs..." In closing, as I am now sitting on the phone to Guest Service Hotline and it is ringing 36 times (and counting) with no one picking up, I must say that apparently this "historic" hotel's claim to fame is that this was place that Kennedy stayed the night before he was assassinated. (Staff really likes to tell you that!) At the risk of taking a tragic event a little too lightly, frankly, I'd do anything not to have to come back here either!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank renosnave
Reviewed February 27, 2010

My husband and I spent one night here for a quick weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary (we love Fort Worth!). This is an historic hotel. It's the hotel John and Jackie Kennedy stayed in before their awful trip to Dallas the next day. We were right down the hall from the suite where John Kennedy stayed (there's a picture of him outside the door). The hotel is beautiful, elegant and well kept. The staff were attentive and helpful. The room was large and very well appointed. There is a flat screen TV.

'Just a side note here: we were on the top floor and there's no ice machine on that floor - 'have to go to a lower floor to get ice. I found this out after calling the front desk and asking where the heck the ice machine was up here.

The is no parking - only valet. Although you are informed that you can park in nearby parking garages when we arrived they were all full. Eighteen bucks a night for valet parking. *sigh*

BUT - location is everything! We were within walking distance of Sundance Square - restanrants, clubs, the biggest Barnes and Noble Bookstore I've ever soon...

'Great weekend. We'd stay at the Hilton again and had a great weekend!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I am late in posting this review, but back in August I booked a weekend for my in-laws to celebrate their 50th anniversary. They had a wonderful time and said the hotel staff catered to their every need. The staff sent up Champagne and chocolate cover strawberries, which I did not request, but they were very helpful in working out the details for me, on transportation to and from the train station, breakfast and dinner at a nearby steak house.
My in-laws raved about the hotel, particularly the service.
Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton for 5 nights right after Christmas. The only reason we didn't stay longer was because at the time we made our reservations the hotel was fully booked for New Year's eve. Out of the 3 hotels that we stayed at in Fort Worth, this was our favorite. It's conveniently, centrally located in the middle of downtown within easy walking distance of the shops and restaurants in the Sundance Square area.

The Hilton is an historic hotel with large rooms. Ours had space for two double beds, sofa, desk, and dresser. The beds were comfortable. The flat screen HD TV was very nice. The bathroom was large with lots of counter space and there was ample closet space. The room was very quiet. The staff was friendly and Michael, the concierge, was very helpful. There is a Starbucks and a Ruth's Chris steakhouse ($$$$) off the lobby and a dining area for breakfast. There's also a really nice gym downstairs.

Yes, it does cost $18/day (plus tips) for valet parking. We just considered that to be part of the room rental. It's possible to park at a city garage a few blocks away if you don't mind walking.

We would definitely stay here again. This is our preferred hotel in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple