“Awesome Historic Hotel”

Hilton Fort Worth
Ranked #11 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We went to the Ft Worth area for a convention. Super close to the Convention Center. I didn't realize it when I booked the hotel, but it was the hotel that JFK stayed in, then made a speech in front of it before he went off to Dallas and was assassinated. There were so many cool pictures and artifacts around the whole hotel. The staff was very helpful, we got in late and they pointed us in the direction of the only 2 places still open. We were there in February and it seemed like a ghost town . We later found out that most places were closed because of the unusual cold weather. Going back to Ft Worth in August and curious to see if that will be different. The rooms were large and very clean. One negative, the elevators were very slow, and with lots of people trying to get to the convention center at the same time made for a long wait. We realized that the first night and tried to add extra time to our schedule to accommodate for it. Other than that, we had an excellent stay and would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Worth

Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed there while on a business trip and the staff was outstanding. The hotel is gorgeous and right across the street from the convention center.
Valet was fast and very helpful and I can't say enough good things about the concierge.
Will recommend this hotel to clients and friends.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank BretGBrown
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know what an exception experience we had while staying at the Hilton in downtown Fort Worth. When looking for places to east, "Papa Mike" ensured that we not only found a good place to eat, but that our experience and expense were the best they could be. My hat goes off to him for his exceptional customer service!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank prncesdi63
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed here in 2011 for a convention. It is a convenient one block away from the Ft Worth Convention Center. It was so disappointing being that I have stayed at quite a few Hilton hotels for business and pleasure.
1) no dining besides Ruth Chris's and a depressing breakfast buffet only
2) room service was understaffed-1 person delivering food for entire hotel!
3) no bellman for bags
4) cable tv had issues
5) didn't get room I reserved
Good things
1) beds/linens good
2) room size generous
3) Starbucks in lobby (don't serve lunches to go)
4) 24 hour gym
5) free Internet for Hilton honor guests
2) The 24 hour gym was nice service.

Room Tip: Stay at Omni! The Sheraton is worse than the Hilton though if you have to choose.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank heathgirly
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Stayed at the "historic" downtown Hitlon on my last business trip to Fort Worth and really enjoyed the hotel. It's a remodeled older hotel, so while it had the old school feel (huge lobby, older small elevators and somewhat dated hallways), it also offered::
- a great location near the downtown restaurants and bars and a quick trip to the Stockyards
- HUGE updated rooms and bathrooms
- great bed, TV and coffeee maker
- very good workout facility
- excellent staff
- grood price performer
- easy access to highways in/out of downtown

I will definitely stay there again on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TimLeftColorado
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during the week and I do have to say that the service was outstanding. From the minute I arrived at the front door until the time we left it was saw to that anything I needed or wanted was taken care of. I have had good service from a hotel staff before but the Hilton Fort Worth had it down pat. I do have to give special kudos to the concierge. For the life of me I can not remember his name but he was one of the best I have ever encountered. There was not a bellhop present when I arrived but he jumped right in and too care of my bags immediately and as he was delivering them into my room asked if I needed any suggestions/reservations for dinner or nightlife.

The rooms are very spacious even for an older hotel. I had a room with double beds and there was more than enough room to relax and stretch out. You will not feel cramped in this hotel. It was very clean and well appointed.

The beds were a little firm for my liking but that is just a personal preference. I would stay at this hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Excellent staff. Lightning fast valet service. Easy to get to the Medical Plaza. Ruth Chris Steakhouse IN the hotel. Clean comfortable room. Free wifi with HiltonHonors!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing south away from the elevators
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo