“Never again”

Ranked #98 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
GA
“Never again”
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Never agian would I ever stay here!!! Dont know where to start... How about the band that plays below your room till late or how about the beds that the springs feel like they will go through. Dirty showers that you could not control the temp. Lights that did not work well, just like the ac. I kept the ac on 40 degrees the whole time and never got cold. I bet the ac never cooled below 78f. Dead bugs behind the chair on the floor. Lastly the door you would have to slam shut to get it to lock.
To sum it up DONT STAY HERE. Looks ok on the web but its not even close.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
dallas
Reviewed June 11, 2007

We were attending a convention and thought that we lucked out on getting so close to the convention center. Little did we know that that would be the only good thing about our stay. This hotel is really old and nasty. When we pulled in the parking lot it was down hill the rest of the way. We had to wait till some one left the club to park in the 20 spots that they had. Inside the whole place had a musky smell from the lobby to the room. It was unbearable I had to purchase a fan to circulate the air and use lots of air freshener. The bathroom had a few bugs and the floor and the walls were sweating. The shower curtain had mildew and the water was scalding hot (Burn your skin off hot) that you could not turn the nob with your hand . The towels had holes and mold was on the ceiling. The carpet was wore out that you could see the floor. The only way that I could get to sleep was to take a Advil PM because from the Band playing, the trash trucks and the elevator rumble I could not fall to sleep and the worn out mattress did not help. There was no channel guide for the TV or a map of near by restaurants. If you wanted ice forget it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor ever stay here under these conditions again.

• Liked — n/a
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank orangeDallas
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2007

Stay away from this hotel. In times past this was probably a very nice establishment, however, it needs some major renovation. There is very little parking space and the "parking garage" is merely a hole with a few parking spaces and the rest used as storage. Only one vehicle at at time can enter or exit. On the morning I checked out I found a puddle of blood in garage from a fight earlier in the morning. The lobby smells musty and the rooms are no better. The elevators are a gamble, you never know on which floor it will stop. The vending machines were either empty or did not function and the ice machine on my floor did not work. I discovered the bedside lamp did not work and the alarm clock was on a table across the room. My bed was made up while I was out, but the sheets were not changed. The carpets are dirty and stained. The first night the A/C stopped and the heat came on. I awoke at 4am with the temperature at 85 degrees. The outside noise is almost unbearable from the traffic and trucks picking up dumpsters at 4am. It would be nice to have coffee pots in the rooms also. The only positive thing I can say is that the hotel is near downtown and the water is hot. I Will Never Stay At The Park Central Again!!!!!

• Liked — close to downtown
  • Disliked — poorly kept rooms
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Catman8
Fredonia, Arizona
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I live in Fort Worth and I've seen this hotel frequently during my life. It always looked pretty seedy. About 2 months ago, I noticed that it had a facelift and a beautiful panther fountain out front. When my best friend told me she was coming to town, I had no qualms about putting her up at the Park Central. They have excellent rates for a downtown hotel, and its walking distance to much of the good stuff in Fort Worth. Her room had sumptuous linens and cozy mattresses, if a bit tight with all the furniture. The friendly staff made her stay quite a pleasure. I will not hesitate to make the Park Central my guest room again in the future.

I've read many negative and so-so reviews of the Park Central, but since its remodel, it has overcome many of the issues cited and I certainly recommend it to the budget concious traveler.

Stayed April 2007
McKinney tx
Reviewed December 17, 2006

My wife and I decided to book this hotel for our office Christmas party. When we checked in, the clerk at the front desk had trouble locating our booking so bring your confirmation #. We had ordered a King Non-Smoking and were given a room with 2 double beds. I had to wait in line at the front desk behind 3 customers who were irate because the AC was out. Upon checking in, they gave me keys to room 217. We lugged all our bagage up the stairs and tried the keys which did not work. When I went to the Front desk they made me wait while contacting maintenance crews about the AC.

After a few minutes waiting the clerk told me

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff & cleanliness
  • Tips/Secrets — try and book elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank Mckinneyman
Houston
Reviewed November 5, 2006

What was I thinking? I can not believe I somehow overlooked checking Tripadvisor before I booked this place. Lesson learned big time!

What would have once been a truly funky, 60's era motel is WELL overdue for a SERIOUS refurb! At $99 + tax + $7 car parking per nite, I was expecting a basic, but still reasonable standard. Not to be. Sagging beds, stained carpets & so, so poorly maintained in every respect. It was enough to make a once proud hospitality industry worker weep. And then there was the noise... I can only guess downtown hotel Fort Worth accommodation demand is outstripping supply, cos The Park Central, in its current incarnation, is not worth the bucks.

Literally pay the extra dollar or two, & have yourself an enjoyable stay at one of the other downtown hotels. It is an otherwise really lovely, rusurgent city center.

• Stayed November 2006
sc
Reviewed August 14, 2006

Stayed at this so called hotel for a conference held at the convention center. The only good thing I can say was it was right across the street from it. Floors are so dirty you can't walk on the with out shoes, window so dirt you can barely see out. Parking gargage is a joke. Not even big enough for the amount of rooms that they have. One of elevators will not open on the second floor. We use the steps. Also our key card would not work daily. One day I had to have my card recharged "5" times. They even changed the battery pack on door and it still did not help.
I realize this is a old hotel but with only a little tlc this could be a really nice hotel. Carpert and paint, drapes, beding. The week we were there they were full at $100.00 a night times 6 night by 75 rooms. (They list 101 I think but not that many are rented some hold junk)

• Tips/Secrets — don't stay here