“glacially slow internet”

Park Central Hotel
Ranked #99 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 16, 2014

glacially slow internet
loud band downstairs till past midnight
weird smell when a/c is turned on

this modest hotel has a good location, so if you dont' care about the internet or loud bands on one side of the hotel then it wasn't so bad. Desk staff was very friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Park Central Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I got to my room dropped bags off them meet people downtown before I walked out door I turned down AC so it would be nice and cold when I got back. I got back to my room later that night to find a muggy warm room. It was late so I figured just sleep threw it and complain in the morning. so before I went to sleep I thought I would turn on tv to fall asleep but TV didn't work either. tried to turn on some of the lights to trouble shoot tv come to find out half the light in the room didn't work. I gave up and just went to bed. I talked to front desk in the morning and they told me that there AC is seasonal and it wasn't set to cold yet even thought it was 80 degrees out that day it made no since. So they refunded my parking and that was all, And that another thing why did I have to pay for parking on there property when I was staying there. the only plus was that the room was big but that was the only thing I liked about my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jerm81
Reviewed March 12, 2014

There is no hotel staff between the hours of 7pm to 7am and no security in addition to anyone off the street being able to access the hotel rooms by going through the downstairs bar. Come for the terrible accomodations, stay for the potential break-in.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank cd76102
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our experience was very bad. Hotel is dirty, smelly and extremely dated. Our experience was
not good at all. We were locked out of the hotel at 11:pm front desk clerk nowhere to be found.
Had to go through the hotel club, and climb a set of stairs to our room. Next day the room key
would not work; we also had elevator problems, we got stuck in-between floors.!! This is not
a handicapp friendly hotel. Heater rattles. Music from the club can be heard from our toom at
3am. We will not ever return. We tried to contact the general mgr; would not return out calls.
We contacted American Express and Hotel.com to place a complaint. Area hotels all booked
we were attending our cousin's graduation from TCU. Myra R from Houston, TX

Room Tip: Do not be fooled by the web pics. There are families living in this hotel and drunks running the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank myra r
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the EMS confrence in November. Across the street from the convention center and easy walking distance to restaurants. Stayed on the 5th floor. Good music in the lounge. Get a room opposite from the lounge, music is loud. No internet on the 5th floor. Coffee and internet in the lobby. I had vehicle troubles and Jr. behind the desk helped me. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the bar and on the 5th floor are quiter. Good water pressur and plenty of hot water...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had the most horrible experience staying at the Park Central Hotel located on Houston St. i
Ft. Worth Texas. the weekend end of Dec. 13-15 (two horrible nights). We were attending graduating class of 2013 at TCUniversity. This hotel is stuck in the
1970's dated decor, and the dust also dated back to the 1970's. You can get stuck in the
elevator; or not able to sleep due to the blasting music from the downstairs club.
Upon returning to the "dump"at 10:45 at night, after a long day out, we found the front doors locked and no reception clerk in site. The sign on the
door said to ring the bell and to make sure you press the button real hard!! We rang the bell
multiple times, we banged on the front glass doors no one came to open We had to go through
the club; band playing and with only one single customer and a bartender present. We had to
go through a door that let us into a courtyard and walk up a flight of stairs to reach our
corridor, We were on the 3rd floor, Bathroom dirty; curtains torned; carpets DIRTY We could not leave, everywhere else completely booked due to the graduation. Do not fall for the website
pics. People actually live in this hotel!! The towels felt like sandpaper. DO NOT STAY HERE!!
and if you do; make sure to bring bed-bug spray and your own cleaning products! What a shame, the only good thing about this place is on prime location, but stuck in the dark ages.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Park Central. It has a lot of character and great views of the city. The fact that was straight across from the convention center was the selling point. It was nice to simply cross the street to attend the American Massage Convention. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the rooms were cute. The bar downstairs had good music but really needs to double check their food items. What we ate was good, but we weren't able to get a clear answer on food allergy needs. I ended up having a reaction to whatever was in the quesadillas.
Overall - a nice, affordable stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't stay in the rooms above the bar/restaurant unless you want to be up until 3A...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business