“Not recommended”

and 1 more site!
Park Central Hotel
Ranked #99 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here with co-worker to attend conference at convention center. The location is great but this hotel is in serious need of renovations. Co-workers room smelled moldy and musty so much that she instantly had allergy problems. While taking a shower the water kept changing from hot to cold. Door to room is not sealed and you can see outside through cracks around the door which makes for noisy nights especially when the bar below has bands playing. Did not sleep well at all. We moved after first night to another hotel. This is a shame because the location is fantastic and the front desk attendants are very friendly and helpful. Not worth the money or lack of sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rose682
There are newer reviews for Park Central Hotel

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went to a conference in November and we were assigned this hotel. Seeing as other conference attendees got to stay in luxurious hotels like the Omni two blocks away, I was already a little disappointed when we arrived. It seemed more like a motel from the outside than a hotel. Anyways, I get to my room, and it seems decent enough for a short stay. I immediately notice that all the plugs in the room are near impossible to plug into, and the TV just wouldn't stay plugged in after a while. The sinks and toilet worked, but there was a certain low quality to them (didn't flush well, weak flow out of sink). All of this is within the realm of acceptable, but then I head about what happened to my friends' room. They were sleeping when water started dripping from the ceiling. Their neighbors then knock on their door AND THE ROOF HAD FALLEN IN leading to water everywhere in the room. They all got moved, but at that point I was ecstatic that I was on the top floor. This is ridiculous for any place that calls itself a hotel. On top of that, the Wi-Fi is terrible and only works in the bottom floor and in very specific places. The only redeeming factor is a good staff that is pretty helpful. I can't stress this enough: DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CTorresUs
Reviewed December 5, 2012

So I was placed here for a conference, while everyone else was placed in the very nice hotels surrounding the convention center. Although the rooms were really old, gloomy, and depressing to look at, the staff was very accommodating to anything we needed friendly! The Wifi may not be available throughout the entire hotel, but that's not a big deal. The heaters work really well, so for those cold nights, you won't have to worry about freezing. If you really just need a place to sleep, this would be the ideal place without breaking your budget.
The nice thing is that its right across the street from the convention center!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had booked this hotel for a convention that I was attending in July. I had read many unpleasant reviews and then was told by my limo driver that I made arrangements with that I was staying here and he being a local didn't have great things to say either. I called Park Central and spoke with Michelle and told her my concern, she assured me that I would have a nice stay and personally guarenteed me that I would be happy! SHe also said that she would be looking for me to check in and she would be sure that she was the one to do so.
Well, I am happy to report she was right. Michelle admitted that it was an older hotel and if I was looking for the beauty of the other hotels in town I would not get that here. However if I just wanted a place to get a good nights rest and have a place to get ready for my conference it would be great. She was right about that too! It REALLY needs updates, but it was fine for what I needed it to be. What I loved most was that it was across the street from the convention center which is where I was for the week. My friends and I even sat on the deck on level 2 and had a pizza dinner together. It was WONDERFUL because we were the only ones there. Did I love this hotel? No. Did I love the staff? YES!!!! Would I stay here again? Probably.
As I said it was a great location and the staff was awesome and always accomadating!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff here is stellar - always eager to help. Michelle and Angela were wonderful and friendly. However, the room I had was either freezing or boiling hot. They really need to upgrade their HVAC. There was the odor of a dead animal in the original room I was given. I complained and they tried hard to alleviate the smell. Finally, they moved me to a non-smelly room and it was much better. They have blues music in Mambos, attached to the hotel - that was pleasant to listen to. There were rocking chairs on the veranda where smoking was permitted and from there I got to see the horse-drawn carriage each evening. Right across from the Convention Center, it's super-convenient. The staff bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied. It's old and hasn't been upgraded but my bed was clean and the room itself was clean, linens were fresh for me and bed was comfortable...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A large group of us booked rooms there. We went a night later than the rest of the people. On Friday night they texted us saying it was filthy and unhealthy to stay there. We wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt so I called and talked to Michelle. She assured me that the rooms were clean. Just old, but clean. So the next day we checked in. We go to the room assigned to us on the 5th floor. The bedspreads are so nasty that they are actually heavy to pick up. The bed skirt was torn and nasty. The sheets were nasty and stained. There was hair all over the pillow on one of the beds and on the other bed one of the pillows had smeared make-up all over it. I later found out from one of the other people in our group that they were taking a picture of the hair on the pillow in their room and a tiny bug ran across the pillow. and they were on the second floor. Some of the people were on the 4th floor as well. Come on, it can't be us when it is all the floors. Michelle has a good story, but when you go see for yourself, I promise you, that hotel should not be open. And for sure not advertised in connection with the Convention Center. Shame on whoever has allowed this place to stay in business in the shape it is in. something needs to be done about it because someone is eventually going to end up very sick or with bugs. Our group split up and went to about 6 other hotels and all of them were so nice and clean. Just letting you know that something needs to be done. Michelle was nice and gave us our money back as well as all the others, but that is beside the point. It is a health hazard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Pam t
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is in a good location, and is cheap, but that is the end of the list of positive things. First, the physical plant is uncomfortably similar to the Memphis motel in which MLK, Jr., was shot. Second, the rooms are exceptionally noisy. Third, other patrons (even allowing for the fact that we were there during the holidays) were loud and obnoxious at all hours, with no concern for other patrons, and no intervention from staff. Fourth, the rooms were dirty and shabby. Avoid.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family