See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 5, 2012

So I was placed here for a conference, while everyone else was placed in the very nice hotels surrounding the convention center. Although the rooms were really old, gloomy, and depressing to look at, the staff was very accommodating to anything we needed friendly! The Wifi may not be available throughout the entire hotel, but that's not a big deal. The heaters work really well, so for those cold nights, you won't have to worry about freezing. If you really just need a place to sleep, this would be the ideal place without breaking your budget.
The nice thing is that its right across the street from the convention center!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had booked this hotel for a convention that I was attending in July. I had read many unpleasant reviews and then was told by my limo driver that I made arrangements with that I was staying here and he being a local didn't have great things to say either. I called Park Central and spoke with Michelle and told her my concern, she assured me that I would have a nice stay and personally guarenteed me that I would be happy! SHe also said that she would be looking for me to check in and she would be sure that she was the one to do so.
Well, I am happy to report she was right. Michelle admitted that it was an older hotel and if I was looking for the beauty of the other hotels in town I would not get that here. However if I just wanted a place to get a good nights rest and have a place to get ready for my conference it would be great. She was right about that too! It REALLY needs updates, but it was fine for what I needed it to be. What I loved most was that it was across the street from the convention center which is where I was for the week. My friends and I even sat on the deck on level 2 and had a pizza dinner together. It was WONDERFUL because we were the only ones there. Did I love this hotel? No. Did I love the staff? YES!!!! Would I stay here again? Probably.
As I said it was a great location and the staff was awesome and always accomadating!!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff here is stellar - always eager to help. Michelle and Angela were wonderful and friendly. However, the room I had was either freezing or boiling hot. They really need to upgrade their HVAC. There was the odor of a dead animal in the original room I was given. I complained and they tried hard to alleviate the smell. Finally, they moved me to a non-smelly room and it was much better. They have blues music in Mambos, attached to the hotel - that was pleasant to listen to. There were rocking chairs on the veranda where smoking was permitted and from there I got to see the horse-drawn carriage each evening. Right across from the Convention Center, it's super-convenient. The staff bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied. It's old and hasn't been upgraded but my bed was clean and the room itself was clean, linens were fresh for me and bed was comfortable...

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A large group of us booked rooms there. We went a night later than the rest of the people. On Friday night they texted us saying it was filthy and unhealthy to stay there. We wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt so I called and talked to Michelle. She assured me that the rooms were clean. Just old, but clean. So the next day we checked in. We go to the room assigned to us on the 5th floor. The bedspreads are so nasty that they are actually heavy to pick up. The bed skirt was torn and nasty. The sheets were nasty and stained. There was hair all over the pillow on one of the beds and on the other bed one of the pillows had smeared make-up all over it. I later found out from one of the other people in our group that they were taking a picture of the hair on the pillow in their room and a tiny bug ran across the pillow. and they were on the second floor. Some of the people were on the 4th floor as well. Come on, it can't be us when it is all the floors. Michelle has a good story, but when you go see for yourself, I promise you, that hotel should not be open. And for sure not advertised in connection with the Convention Center. Shame on whoever has allowed this place to stay in business in the shape it is in. something needs to be done about it because someone is eventually going to end up very sick or with bugs. Our group split up and went to about 6 other hotels and all of them were so nice and clean. Just letting you know that something needs to be done. Michelle was nice and gave us our money back as well as all the others, but that is beside the point. It is a health hazard.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Pam t
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is in a good location, and is cheap, but that is the end of the list of positive things. First, the physical plant is uncomfortably similar to the Memphis motel in which MLK, Jr., was shot. Second, the rooms are exceptionally noisy. Third, other patrons (even allowing for the fact that we were there during the holidays) were loud and obnoxious at all hours, with no concern for other patrons, and no intervention from staff. Fourth, the rooms were dirty and shabby. Avoid.

Date of stay: December 2011