“Our stay at the Park Central Hotel” 2 of 5 stars

Park Central Hotel
Park Central Hotel
Ranked #97 of 108 Hotels in Fort Worth
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Our stay at the Park Central Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We arrived on June 30/12 to discover that our room did not have a pull out couch as I was told it would have. We had booked a "suite" which by their definition is two rooms with a narrow door put through the wall. After getting unpacked and then discovering the couch issues, they did find us another room, but then of course we had to re-pack and move. With tired kids in tow, we were in the new room at 10:30 pm after a long day of flying. Here are the details about the room and the rest of the week:
1. two T.V's, but one one remote and didn't work properly
2.Wi-Fi did not work, but I did get one of the last cables from the front desk. Apparently the Wi-Fi seldom works.
3. The air conditioning ran 24/7 but was not able to keep up. The rooms were cool, but not cool enough. Then of course we slept with the unit running all night.
4. The bath tub tap ran water the whole week we where there.
5. Bathroom ceiling tiles were wet from leaks in the ceiling.
6. The kitchen was a good size but lacking cutlery, glasses and plates, dish cloths and soap for the dishwasher.
7. We did have a small washer and dryer which was nice, but no soap and it does not work unless the bathroom light in the other room is on! (go figure...) Of course no one told us this until we complained, thinking that it did not work.
8. No maid service the first day and only got it the second because I phoned three times for it.
9. No pens, letterhead, envelopes or note paper in the room.
10. No recycle bin in the room.
11. We did have insects though; 3 crickets - or whatever they were....
12. Lights in the hallways have a layer of insects in them.
13. I pulled some furniture away form the wall and the place was thick with dust. Obviously there are not familiar with the term "spring cleaning."
14. The hallways very not clean and the place has an odd smell in the lobby.
15. Their poor restaurant is only open for lunch. Nothing for breakfast except coffee and some fruit. The restaurant ran out of bread the day we were there.

In conclusion, the staff did the best they could, but the owners/management either don't know what is going on or don't care. Too bad as it has a great location. This place needs to be torn down and completely re-built. It is beyond renovation. It was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and would not recommend it to my worst enemy....

Room Tip: Don't stay here.....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrSRW_12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Tatum Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

A large group of us booked rooms there. We went a night later than the rest of the people. On Friday night they texted us saying it was filthy and unhealthy to stay there. We wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt so I called and talked to Michelle. She assured me that the rooms were clean. Just old, but clean. So the next day we checked in. We go to the room assigned to us on the 5th floor. The bedspreads are so nasty that they are actually heavy to pick up. The bed skirt was torn and nasty. The sheets were nasty and stained. There was hair all over the pillow on one of the beds and on the other bed one of the pillows had smeared make-up all over it. I later found out from one of the other people in our group that they were taking a picture of the hair on the pillow in their room and a tiny bug ran across the pillow. and they were on the second floor. Some of the people were on the 4th floor as well. Come on, it can't be us when it is all the floors. Michelle has a good story, but when you go see for yourself, I promise you, that hotel should not be open. And for sure not advertised in connection with the Convention Center. Shame on whoever has allowed this place to stay in business in the shape it is in. something needs to be done about it because someone is eventually going to end up very sick or with bugs. Our group split up and went to about 6 other hotels and all of them were so nice and clean. Just letting you know that something needs to be done. Michelle was nice and gave us our money back as well as all the others, but that is beside the point. It is a health hazard.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pam t

Travelers are raving about these Fort Worth hotels

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is in a good location, and is cheap, but that is the end of the list of positive things. First, the physical plant is uncomfortably similar to the Memphis motel in which MLK, Jr., was shot. Second, the rooms are exceptionally noisy. Third, other patrons (even allowing for the fact that we were there during the holidays) were loud and obnoxious at all hours, with no concern for other patrons, and no intervention from staff. Fourth, the rooms were dirty and shabby. Avoid.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank dcindy
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading the reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But I was very pleasantly surprised with what I found. I stayed here four nights while attending a conference at the Hilton (rooms there were sold out). The staff at Park Central were great, and the rooms were very clean and nice. The room had a good shower and a very comfortable king sized bed. I was worried that the live music from the restaurant downstairs was going to be loud so I asked for a quiet room. I was given a room on the top floor, it was very quiet, even when there was live music playing. I'd never been to Fort Worth before, so I didn't know what to expect from the neighborhood, but the whole downtown town area feels very safe. I felt comfortable walking the few blocks back to the PC Hotel from my conference alone, even after dark. This is not a fancy hotel, but it's definitely a step up from your average motel. With its convenient location and reasonable price, I think it's a great find!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
north east
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed there end of August in a heatwave.Staff very helpful on arrival and throughout the stay.Room was OK.Air con worked and we needed it! Shower was fine.Bed linen and towels had seen better days but were clean.Pool and pool area very nice and location was great,short walk to Sundance Square,Moly the Trolley stop right outside and train station nearby.Budget hotel at budget prices would stay again if ever returning to Fort Worth.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was down during the superbowl and my stay was horrible.The first night it was so hot we had to sleep with the door opens because the a/c unit only blew hot air. The shower was dirty and you never knew if the water was going to be freezing cold or burning hot. The third night we were there my roomate broke out with rashes all over his body and had to go the emergency room and get shots and medication for bug bites . We had to change rooms and the second room was not any better ! If you have any type of allergies or do not like dirty , dusty places do not stay here !!!!!

• Stayed February 2011
3 Thank Bobfathe
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

The Staff and front desk people were awesome! They treated us very well. And the pool was wonderful too, very refreshing when it is so hot out!
The Hotel itself I was very disappointed in. When we checked in we were put in a room that the air condition did not work, when the temp is 102 degrees outside you need air condition. They moved us, which was perfect. The room we were moved to was so much better. Like moving from a cheap hotel to a fancy hotel. Wasn't sure why the rooms were not all the same. But at least we got moved. Then our shower quit working on us and they couldn't fix it so they gave us a key to another room, which ironically was the room we were moved out of, and we had to go to another room to take our showers. On the second to last day of our stay my son woke up and when he sat up there was a dead cockroach underneath him. Ewwwww! I hate roaches and I grossed out. The ice machine was out of order only one that worked and we had to go to that floor to get ice. The coke machine on our floor charged $1.00 for drinks, but we could go to the second floor and they were only 75 cents.
I can't stress enough though how wonderful the staff was! They were very helpful and very friendly. Maybe needs better management??? Not sure. We come every year, but won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family