“Don't Stay Here”

Days Inn Fort Worth West
Ranked #88 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed April 29, 2014

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE. We arrived late Sunday evening because we were staying here for work.The front desk name Mike was very nice and accommodating. My co worker noticed that there was no iron or board in his room. I had to called the front desk to pick up both of those items. The next day, a woman knocked on both our doors asked for money for her and daughter to get something to eat. After that incident, we contacted our manager to move us to another hotel which we didn't feel safe. We moved to another hotel in a better area, This not the best area for anyone visiting from another state. The rooms were clean but the shower curtain had black spots on it. A man name Niesh that worked at the front desk in the morning had a funky attitude. The continental breakfast was a joke, there was hardly anything there. The toaster and waffle iron did not work because Niesh had to reset the power. WARNING: DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Reviewed April 22, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The first thing we noticed was the odor in the room - old and musty. The next thing was there are not nearly enough outlets for the 21st century. I could plug in the microwave OR the coffee maker OR the refrigerator, but not all three. The bedside lamps were unplugged, and the manager had to come help pull the bed away from the wall to get them plugged in behind the bed. Forget plugging in the laptop... except to charge it on the outlet by the sink.
I was unable to access WiFi the entire weekend - all three nights we were stuck in this hotel. There were no other rooms available in the area. I am a fairly seasoned traveler, and know how to connect with WiFi... but the manager made it sound like it was my fault. He would not come to help, nor find a help desk to try and help. Sunday night, I called the front desk again. The lady on the desk said she would call the manager and have him call me. That never happened. Thankfully, I have internet capability on my phone or we would have been completely incommunicado the entire weekend. The staff was completely unhelpful. Since I have an internet-based business, this was especially frustrating. On checkout, I mentioned the WiFi issue to the manager, whose only comment was, "Nobody else reported a problem." So it must have been my fault? I think everyone else gave up and nobody else called!
On Saturday morning, I left some coffee in the pot and the filter in the basket - just to see if it would be cleaned. It was not. When we returned that evening, there was the cold coffee in the pot and the old filter still in the basket. Not much attention to detail on the part of the cleaning staff. What was missing, though, was the full bottle of water I had left on the night stand.
I stay at a lot of Days Inns, and sometimes Super 8 if I need to. One big thing I have noticed is a lack of consistency. One will be very nice (Wichita West and Blue Springs, MO), and the next will be marginal (Ft Worth West and Overland Park, KS). You never know what to really expect. I may have to change chains for my business.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Quality Inn Fort Worth
#84 of 114 in Fort Worth
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth
Studio 6 Fort Worth West Medical Center
Studio 6 Fort Worth West Medical...
#3 of 3 in White Settlement

Been to Days Inn Fort Worth West? Share your experiences!