“Average”

Days Inn Fort Worth West
Ranked #85 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The first thing we noticed was the odor in the room - old and musty. The next thing was there are not nearly enough outlets for the 21st century. I could plug in the microwave OR the coffee maker OR the refrigerator, but not all three. The bedside lamps were unplugged, and the manager had to come help pull the bed away from the wall to get them plugged in behind the bed. Forget plugging in the laptop... except to charge it on the outlet by the sink.
I was unable to access WiFi the entire weekend - all three nights we were stuck in this hotel. There were no other rooms available in the area. I am a fairly seasoned traveler, and know how to connect with WiFi... but the manager made it sound like it was my fault. He would not come to help, nor find a help desk to try and help. Sunday night, I called the front desk again. The lady on the desk said she would call the manager and have him call me. That never happened. Thankfully, I have internet capability on my phone or we would have been completely incommunicado the entire weekend. The staff was completely unhelpful. Since I have an internet-based business, this was especially frustrating. On checkout, I mentioned the WiFi issue to the manager, whose only comment was, "Nobody else reported a problem." So it must have been my fault? I think everyone else gave up and nobody else called!
On Saturday morning, I left some coffee in the pot and the filter in the basket - just to see if it would be cleaned. It was not. When we returned that evening, there was the cold coffee in the pot and the old filter still in the basket. Not much attention to detail on the part of the cleaning staff. What was missing, though, was the full bottle of water I had left on the night stand.
I stay at a lot of Days Inns, and sometimes Super 8 if I need to. One big thing I have noticed is a lack of consistency. One will be very nice (Wichita West and Blue Springs, MO), and the next will be marginal (Ft Worth West and Overland Park, KS). You never know what to really expect. I may have to change chains for my business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We felt like we got a great deal for our money. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the only complaint was the bathroom is small but for a short stay, who cares. Clean and comfortable with a nice continental breakfast this is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Thank you Mike & Neil. Five Stars & Five Diamonds to you. I will stay again when passing through. Mike & Neil made the difference. I really enjoyed the hotel & the service is excellent. Service makes all the difference in the World when far from home.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed at this motel several times now and each time I find it slightly better than before.
Rooms freshly remodeled with flat screen TV's. Beds are good --Showers good--Staff friendly.
I will for sure stay here on my next trip to Ft Worth.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you want and they will try their best to help you