“BUSINESS AND PERSONNEL TRIP”

Days Inn Fort Worth West
Ranked #85 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lockhart, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Unsafe, police in parking lot, uncomfortable beds, rude clerks, dirty rooms, rock hard towels, smelly pillows, out dated television with poor channel selection

would not stay again.... advise you not too

Room Tip: Go else where!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times since 2010 and while it's never been the Ritz, its usually clean and reasonably maintained. The previous poster was right....crickets EVERYWHERE and that is not an understatement. It was like a plauge of crickets. All over the sidewalks, parking lots, outside the rooms, in the breezeway going to the pool....I am not joking....they were EVERYWHERE. I left my car door open for just a few seconds and 5 crickets jumped in within seconds. What are not crickets are roaches. The couple next to me had to go out and buy bug spray to spray around their door and in their room just to be able to get some sleep.

My orginal reservation was for 2 nights but I had to extend it to three due to my son being admitted to the hospital on short notice. I usually only stay here one night at a time and that's more than enough. One the first night, after bathing my son, I unfolded a towel only to find several long hairs in the towel. I have short, curly hair. A second towel was the same. A wash cloth had a mysterious reddish stain. The tub was badly stained, the bathroom floor was sticky and the crown molding around the door had holes and mold around the door frame. The only thing that worked was the toilet and it was very loud. The room has a fridge, coffee pot and microwave, however the second outlet could not be used because I was afraid of starting an electrical fire due to fact that it was severly damaged. I could only use the top outlet and plug in the fridge. If I wanted to use the micro, then I had to unplug the fridge....you get the picture. Major hassle. And very unsafe. The carpet had stains and I always remove the bedspreads before i let my son in bed and this time was no exception. Dirty, stained bedspreads. Gross.

The pool gate was padlocked when we arrived so I asked when it would reopen. The desk clerk said it would re open later as it had to be inspected after they added salt to it. It was indeed re opened later but it was very murky. I only let my son in the water because I had promised him but only for about 15 min.

The wifi only worked on the first day and after that it wouldn't work no matter where in the room I moved to.

I didn't eat breakfast because they won't allow you to take food back to your room. Also, an employee is sitting in the breakfast area writing down everything you put on your plate. Guests are not even allowed to get a cup of coffee to go.

I stay here only because it's close to the children's hospital and the Stockyards, but I will not stay here anymore. I have filed a complaint with Wyndham. This place needs to be removed from the Wyndham portfolio.

The only thing the owners are doing is collecting money and they are doing nothing to maintain the property or rooms. I will pay more and stay at one of the Marriott or Hilton properties which is what I did. I moved on the fourth night to the Hilton Garden Inn Medical Center.

Complaining does no good. Mangement doesn't care. I will speak with my money and move elsewhere. I am done with this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kentucky
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I know it's not all the motel's fault, but we recently stayed at this location and were overrun by crickets. I am not kidding but the crickets are of plague proportions right out of the Bible. We killed at least 35 in our room and they kept coming. Also, I guess the housekeeper must of thought we were hungry as they left some leftover potato chip crumbs all over the floor. I know I'm trying to be funny, but in all seriousness this was one of the worst motels I've ever stayed at. Our wakeup call was about 15 minutes late. The shower did not work properly either. Also, I've stayed in smoking rooms before (all was available for our stay), but this one smelled like a tobacco barn. I've stayed at hundreds of cheap motels over the years and certainly do not have the highest of standards, but this was terrible. We will definitely find another motel to stay at in Ft. Worth on our next visit. You should too.

Room Tip: Do not stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I reserved the room under advanced purchase for my boyfriend and I
I had no idea how the hotel was going to be because we're from Florida and we were coming to town for a wedding. It was a perfect cheap hotel without the cheap part explaining the quality. It was no five star but it was cozy and comfortable. Just what we needed. Service was friendly and avaliable. Continental breakfast was very grab and go but again fulfilled it's purpose. I'd pay this price in every town I'd be traveling to if the purpose was mainly just to have somewhere to sleep. Very satisfied customer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

no cold water, both faucts ran hot water,,they didnt change out the sheets from the first day...tub had mold all over the wall. toilet wouldnt flush properly or not at all...hole in tile above shower nozzle,,room smelled funky.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
#52 of 111 in Fort Worth
Americas Best Value Inn Forth Worth
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth West
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth ...
#1 of 3 in White Settlement

Been to Days Inn Fort Worth West? Share your experiences!