“Only enjoyed by nostalgic Fort Worth natives.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Vance Godbey's

Vance Godbey's
Ranked #571 of 1,556 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating
“Only enjoyed by nostalgic Fort Worth natives.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Catering experiences have been horrible and gave them three shots to boot, what was I thinking? Was probably better when the original owner was actually running it. Won't use again.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Txdelicateone

Azle, tx
“Why is this place always busy?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the worst food I have ever eaten. The place is old and not clean, they must have terrible health ratings, food is cold, very overrated! The owners are not very nice. They have existed all this time because they've just been around a long time in Fort Worth. They used to be good caterers years ago, but that is about all I can say nice. Save your money.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank texasmarcel
Weatherford, Texas
“Something for EVERYONE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We've been eating here since they were open all weekend, many years back. Only open Sunday these days, and worth waiting for. Step up for a buffet you wish your family could fix for the holidays. Salads, meat salads, hot veggies, many meat choices, and desserts to cry over.

My favs... Pickled watermelon rinds, a rice salad with saffron and peas, pasta salad, fried cauliflower, hot fresh baked wheat rolls, carrot cake and what I call pecan cobbler (I love the crispy edges). His favs... Pickled watermelon rinds, cold chicken salad, ribs, brisket, fried chicken strips, filet mignon, fresh hot baked white rolls, and IF ROOM for dessert, a fruit cobbler!

Great tea and coffee.

The sweetest staff, lots of them Godbey's family.

These folks cater too, in case your family needs help... Worth it!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank flutemother
Dallas, Texas
“Lots of variety, but nothing worth a return visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited Vance Godbey's on a Sun. for their buffet and also to help us decide if we wanted to use them to cater our upcoming wedding rehersal dinner. When we arrived, around 11:30 there were plenty of tables available. There were plenty of food choices and all of the containers were full. My husband, my daughter and myself all selected a variety of items to sample some of everything. Unfortunately, all of the meat we got was extreemly dry and flavorless. We sampled the chicken strips, filet, barbecue brisket, sausage and baked chicken. My husband said the baked chicken was good, but messy to eat. My daughter's chicken strips were flavorless. My barbecue meat and filet were too dry and over-cooked. I also did not care for their sauce. The side dishes were all OK and I did enjoy their salads - but it shouldn't be hard to fix a salad. The desserts were all OK - nothing great or notable. We won't be back and we decided it wasn't up to the standard we want for our rehersal dinner as the venue is very dated and the help were not very friendly.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank eatsleeptour
Orlando, Florida
“9 of us went on Sunday for brunch...wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

we got to the restaurant at about 11:15...seated promptly....fantastic service....the food was plentiful home cooked tasty food....the brisket was delicious, the ribs were perfect, the filet was cooked perfectly, the fish was so good...the vegetables and salads were great....I did not eat desert, as I had no more room but reports from others said they very good....yes, we will be going back, most likely THIS Sunday....

• Visited June 2012