“I have never been treated worse!”

Montgomery Street Cafe
Ranked #165 of 1,576 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“I have never been treated worse!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We attempted to try this restaurant today but after our experience there is no way I would ever support such a poorly runestablishment. When we arrived there was only one couple ahead of us. We were told we were about to be seated (they were cleaning the table for us). We then watched as three men walked in and went directly to the seat they were about to give us. The woman seating us questioned the waitress attending to the them. She came back and said that they were regulars who got priority seating by that waitress and unfortunately if she tried to say something about it "there would be a physical confrontation". The waitress threatening a physical confrontation with us then proceeded to call another group of people who had arrived 10 minutes after us! My husband tried to tell the waitress that we were here before them and we were supposed to be next. Her response? "That's not the way it works here". Apparently, in a cafe with less than 12 tables you have to call and make reservations, or know the waitress personally to get a seat. I still can't believe that any establishment with an ounce of respect for their patrons would threaten physical violence or treat them like second class citizens. Oh, and I'm 21 weeks pregnant so threatening violence against me makes it even creepier.

• Visited September 2013
8 Thank Sarahshain

WI
“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The breakfast at this place is great. I had a cheese omelet - they allowed me to add ingredients (mushrooms and onions). When my son tried the mushrooms, he said "I could eat these plain". It's a small place, crowded even at 10 am on a Monday. But definitely worth a visit. We're going to try to return there sometime for lunch.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank WiMomwithteens
Dallas, Texas
“Best Breakfast in Fort Worth”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm a regular customer at Montgomery Street Cafe. It's like my own morning kitchen. For the best basic breakfast in Fort Worth, look no further. Just leave your pretentions at the door. This place is the real deal.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tim D
Fort Worth, TX
“Old Time Goodness At The Old Time Goodness Place”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This café serves grrrreat, old time recipes food in the midst of a warehouse filled with collectible and fascinating antiques all displayed in hundreds of individual seller booths. I could (and have) stayed all day prowling the aisles and imagining the lives of the previous owners of the prodigious number of antiques here. Love the café entrees and the flavored tea is the best!

Visited October 2012
Fort Worth
“Biscuits & Gravy”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent choice for a Cowtown breakfast. The special for $3.99 is a great value. Biscuits & Gravy is is a must. Small area for seating - but this place is worth the visit.

• Visited May 2013