“Terrible service”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Gloria's Latin Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Gloria's Latin Cuisine is the best place in Fort Worth for Latin food. From our Salvadorian and Mexican favorites, to our award winning margaritas and black bean dip, there's plenty for all palettes.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Fort worth

My family and I were at dinner at the FW location tonight with some of the worst service I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I was recommended your restaurant from friends and was looking forward to the meal. We were seated promptly howevere after ordering appetizers and our meals 10 min later we waited over 60 min for our meals. We were told multiple times by out waitress Alejandra that 1. It was on its way 2. It was being prepped now. When after an additional 20-30 min of waiting we raised the issue we were told the same thing. A manager was brought out who told us we had only waited 20 min and there were 3 parties of 20 people they had been serving. We corrected him to say we had waited over 60 min but were met with resistance. When food was finally served there was hair in one entree. Instead of an apology our waitress sighed and rolled her eyes. When the food was brought back promptly it was edible until halfway through when another hair was found entwined inside the burrito. At this point a "manager" came out to say they had no one with line hair working In the kitchen and it could not be their fault. To top it off the waitress alejandra returned to say "there was hair in your food again- oh ok" and walked off to never return or apologize or
Offer any other food.

I work in a service oriented field and the awful customer service received by not only a waitress but also a manager is disgraceful. Never would I expect the situation to be reversed and offer food to a person not once but twice with hair and put fault on them and not take accountability for the establishment. Human error is inevitable. Humility and dignity are things that are innate.

I will never recommend your reataurant to any friend or family based on my experience not just with having hair In my good, because that is forgivable, but because of how the situation was handled by the staff.

1  Thank Smalls630

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went for dinner and drinks after the Colonial Golf Tournament on Sunday, May 27th, hoping for a quiet dinner on the patio just off W. 7th.

We were there barely 5 minutes when the manager came over and, spying our yellow wristbands, told us that he couldn't serve us any drinks because we had already been drinking. We were not rowdy, loud, or otherwise acting any differently than any other day...in fact, when he approached us, we were all quietly looking at the menu for our dinner choice. I was planning on the fish tacos, which I'd had before and were decent. Not great, but decent.

We calmly listened to Luis, the manager, try to explain that he couldn't explain what we had done, or what clues he was getting that we were anything less than stone cold sober. "It's confusing, I know," was all he could say. I asked him what training his 20-something waitress had that would give her the ability to assess our state or non-state of inebriation. He replied, "none." I asked him the same about his training or qualifications and he, again, said, "None."

We were all regulars, whose names are known to several of the waitstaff. For the life of each of us, we couldn't figure out what their motivation was, except for possibly the wristbands and, if that is the case, the manager made a terrible assumption. And we all know what it means to "assume."

We were treated like second-class citizens, offered no apology, and will likely never go back.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

During this trip, we visited Gloria's twice because it was so good. Once with just 3 of us, and then on a Saturday, we took 12 people there for dinner to celebrate graduation from TCU. They have magaritas made with fresh lime juice (no mix) and they offer a black bean dip that is exceptional. We had enchiladas, the grilled quail with plantains, and their "Gloria's Plate" that offered several different items. Really good food.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Order the speciality margarita!!! It is the best!! They have wonderful guacamole and bean dip! Try the seafood and grilled vegetables.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great menu, cannot order anything wrong! Excellent options when it comes to a more Central American quisine...plantains, spicy pork and lots of variations!