“Great Barbeque!”

Shady Oak Barbecue & Grill
Ranked #64 of 1,716 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Shady Oak Barbeque & Grill embracing the traditions that have made Fort Worth the gateway to the West. Our slow smoked barbeque specialties and our classic Texas cuisine are all served from the historic stone barn we built our restaurant around. Whether eating inside the comfort of our dining room, or joining us on the grass lawn on the Big Fossil Creek and enjoying some live music, we look forward to serving you and yours very soon. We feature authentic, slow smoked barbeque, southern classics, and grilled favorites. Join us Monday - Friday for Happy Hour from 3-7pm. Live Music on Friday and Saturday night. Indoor and outdoor seating. Private banquet areas, off site catering services and much more. Our one-of-a-kind building named "THE STONE BARN" Shady Oak’s home, the old stone barn at Big Fossil Creek, was built in 1937 by Eugene Sergi (1895-1971). The stone barn was originally built for James North, who once served as editor of the Fort Worth Star Telegram.
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Passing through town on the way back home, my family and I were looking for some dinner. We checked out the other choices in the area and settled on Shady Oak. I only just realized that this is inside the old stone barn that I always enjoyed looking at as I rode into and out of the Metroplex to visit family as a child.

This was a spur-of-the-moment dining decision and a great decision it was! Just the smell of the smoky BBQ as we were walking up to the doors was amazing. We were promptly greeted and seated and our server, Kevin, was soon at our table to take our drink orders. Kevin was friendly, funny and attentive. He kept our drinks full throughout our meal without us once having to try and flag him down to do so.

We started our meal with the spicy onion rings. They were some of the best onion rings I've ever had. They were sliced the perfect thickness and the batter had a slight touch of pepper to add some kick, but not so much that my wife couldn't handle then. GREAT rings! For my meal I had the Texas Combo with brisket and cracked black pepper sausage. The brisket was great, but the sausage was amazing! The cracked pepper really made that stuff wonderful. Topping the meat was their BBQ sauce that was a great blend of sweet and spicy. The food was amazing. The portions were large. I left stuffed. What a great meal.

I thought I had eaten some good BBQ before, but I don't know. This has to be some of the best I've ever had. I will have to eat here again.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I loved the baby back ribs, pull pork and the bake potato. I definitely would recommend this place as a good place to eat.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere, Great service, and Great prices. Our kids love to go there and play in the yard while we wait on our food. We always take our guests to Shady Oak the 1st time they visit Fort Worth.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Staff were great and took care of the customer. Never let drink run out, always asking if anything needed, The BBQ ribs were fantastic as was the potato salad side and the Texas beans. Would surely go back again and again

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My daughter and son-in-law chose this place for their rehearsal dinner. The entire wedding party and the family members all enjoyed it. The ribs, chicken, and beans were EXCELLENT. The brisket, coleslaw, and potato salad were very good. The atmosphere is nice, whether eating inside or outside. I look forward to going back. One negative - the BBQ sauce is good, but why not have more than one sauce? I would have liked something spicy and less sweet. My favorite BBQ places have a variety of sauces.