“Good food and atmosphere”

Shady Oak Barbecue & Grill
Ranked #74 of 1,576 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Texas
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My daughter and son-in-law chose this place for their rehearsal dinner. The entire wedding party and the family members all enjoyed it. The ribs, chicken, and beans were EXCELLENT. The brisket, coleslaw, and potato salad were very good. The atmosphere is nice, whether eating inside or outside. I look forward to going back. One negative - the BBQ sauce is good, but why not have more than one sauce? I would have liked something spicy and less sweet. My favorite BBQ places have a variety of sauces.

• Visited July 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Been several times, ordered take-out several times. My favorite place to get BBQ in this area. Very friendly staff and large seating area outside!

• Visited February 2014
Fort Worth, TX
“A fun place!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This is about as close to a hill country BBQ place as you can get. Very Texas inside and the outside has a wonderful patio and also picnic benches amongst trees and by a lake. The fresh homemade bread is the best--comes in a bag very hot and you will be asking for another loaf quickly. I had the 3 meat platter which comes with corn on the cob and choice of 2 sides. The brisket and black pepper sausage was delicious with a true smoked flavor. Little disappointed in the ribs this time, as the meat didn't fall right off the bone as usual. Cole slaw and potato salad very good. A live band was playing songs from the sixties, seventies and eighties adding to the fun. the fans kept us cool enough to eat outside on the 4th of July.

• Visited July 2014
McKinney, Texas
“Great place to refill after a golf outing”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Good Beers on tap, nice menu and decent BBQ. This isn't a BBQ destination, but surprisingly good. you cant beat the location to belly up for some beers and good food after golf with friends or business clients.

Visited June 2014
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Only if you are in the area - average BBQ, but not knocking it.”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I'm not trying to be too hard on Shady Oak. Please don't hesitate to visit if you are in the area and get yourself some good BBQ and sides. I am just saying that it does not rank extremely high on my list. I would typically prefer the walk-up type counter when I go for BBQ. I like their bread - kind of like Olive Garden bread. Just nothing on the menu really stands out to me. I'll go back though when I am in the area playing golf, but I can only so Average.

Visited October 2013