Texas White House Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SpringHill Suites(Fort Worth)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarriage housethe main housetejas roomb blocal artistsclaw foot tubprivate saunawalking distance to numerous restaurantsjune weddingbath saltsquiet neighborhoodbreakfast was deliciousseparate buildingevery amenitybowl gamenext morningother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Me and my wife spent a week here for our honeymoon, and more recently returned for our 1st anniversary to spend a night. The owner still remembered us and left a card in our room with a a nice personal message to us from them. Also, on the week long stay for our honey moon they had not only a nice card ad not but also a cake and some champagne waiting for us in the room. We got married in downtown Ft. Worth and came back a room that got upgraded to their carriage house, for free, as well as a free cake and bottle of champagne. That's taking are of customers. Not only did we get those nice freebies but Cyndi (the owner) also paid attention to what was eaten and drunk and what was not, so the next days breakfast has a dish specially customized to your tastes without you having to say a thing. It's those steps of going above and beyond that make the Texas White House B&B a wonderful place to stay. They are also within walking distance of the zoo and trendy magnolia street., with fun and quirky places to visit and try out. The website is professional, but still has a couple of kinks with booking they are aware of and are working towards fixing and are always in contact with you to make sure you get exactly what you want to achieve. Even with that, the Texas White House B&B is not only a great place to stay, but even just a nice place to visit during events they put on there. Clean, comfortable and calm environment. Perfect for a nice relaxing stay, and close to downtown and the cultural arts district for those looking for a nice night out. Me and the Mrs. have already made a decision to make this anniversary tradition, and Cyndi and the wife have made plans to just hang out as well. That is how kind and caring the owner is. Please spend a couple of nights here and discover what true customer care is.

Room Tip: The carriage house rooms are in a separate bldg. than the main house, so if the weather isn't nice you will show up to breakfast a little wet. They do offer breakfast in bed though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was traveling with 2 friends to Ft. Worth to attend the Ft. Worth Antiques&Art Show as vendors. We were fortunate to stay at the White House for its location to the Will Rogers Convention Center where our event took place. Breakfast was lovely, served early so we could get to our show. Each morning the menu was different, my favorite being the Texas shaped waffle with fried egg on top with strawberries! Our rooms in the Carriage House were comfortable with a large jacuzzi tub to soak our tired feet at the end of our long days. Wifi in the rooms worked great for us too. This location is just around the corner from Magnolia St. that has many trendy restaurants, even a great vegan cafe! I highly recommend staying at the White House of Ft. Worth!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I travel a lot to Fort Worth, Austin, and really, all over. I typically like to stay in bed and breakfasts. Cindy was so nice and was so willing to go out of her way to help meet my needs while staying in this wonderful B&B. One person had written that breakfast was 9-10 and that was it. Well, when I stayed, Cindy was kind enough to meet my early morning schedule and made me dynamite breakfasts. This is a fantastic B&B, great rooms, great value, excellent staff and accommodations.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My brother and I alternated staying here while our mother was in the hospital. Cindy was very accomodating to our needs and provided wonder breakfasts to get us started. We were in the Lone Star room, which is very nicely appointed. The bathroom has an extra long claw foot tub which I could fit in (i'm 6' 7") and had plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The weather was cold, but the room was nice and warm with no road noise. This B&B is in a great location, close to some good restaurants and bars on Magnolia St. Its close proximity to the hospital district makes it a good choice if you have a loved one needing medical care. Mom is back home now doing well. Thanks Cindy for being there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed in Texas White House the first time by accident. I thought it was a hotel. But now I am a convert. I do business with TCU, so this is a close option. Cindy runs a great B&B. Large room. Well appointed. Texas decor. Spotless. But there are two things about this venue that matter: Cindy accommodated a very early breakfast for me, including on a weekend, because of my business appointments. That was just so nice and unexpected. Also, she knows every chef and eatery it seems, in the world. Not just locally, or in Texas. So her suggestions for restaurants, bars, and places to see were all spot on. I really liked and appreciate that, when you are visiting a place for the first time or only occasionally. You'll be delighted to stay here, I am confident.

Room Tip: I always stay in Tejas room.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business