“Nice”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,567 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had a business lunch here. Food was very good. Service was great. Bright inviting atmosphere. Quite. Clean. It would be easy to become a regular here.

Granbury, Texas
“We will be back!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Taverna this past Saturday evening. Started with a glass of champagne for each of us. Great selection of wines by the glass and the bottle. Salads were very good. I had the pasta special - a lobster ravioli cooked with grape tomatoes and mushrooms in a brandy cream sauce. It was topped with fresh arugula. What a delight. My husband enjoyed the short ribs. Our first trip to the area since we have moved up here and will definitely put Taverna on our list of places to eat.

Joshua
“Another good gluten free restaurant in Sundance Square”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I searched and searched for an Italian restaurant that offered Risotto and other gluten free options. After much searching, it appears Taverna is the only Italian Gluten Free option in Fort Worth. My husband and I each had a salad and a Risotto and I'd have to say that the Risottos was flavorful, but undercooked. The service was attentive and the meal was filling. They do have other GF options - namely pizza, and pasta and I will likely try them next time. They do not have many options if you are both GF and vegetarian, though. Parking is free after 5 pm on the street and if you get your parking ticket validated by Taverna's and leave after 5 pm in the parking lot across the corner. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I will probably go back, but will try other foods.

Visited March 2014
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Absolutely authentic and excellent!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were pleasingly surprised by the authenticity of this Italian restaurant. Absolutely excellent risotto and flatbreads/pizzas! Wonderful atmosphere and quick, attentive service. If we lived in Ft. Worth, we'd become regulars at this gem of a restaurant. We heartily recommend it.

1 Thank fbglove
Elm Grove, WI
“A Bit Pricey, A Loud Place.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure what exactly this place is? Taverna means a smaller Greek restaurant. Anyway, I arrived
& this accented man seated me. I asked for a different one over by the window street side. He said that he'd check being that they had a lot of reservations (at 5:30 pm?). He did end up accommodating me though. That was good. I ordered a risotto chicken dish. The risotto (Italian rice) was quite good with a cheese
base. The rolled white meat chicken was tender with NO taste.
I might try this place once more and try something else. $17.00 is kind of pricey with some bread & oil that had come with it.