“A chain hotel is a chain hotel - no charachter in my opinion”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Wisconsin
“A chain hotel is a chain hotel - no charachter in my opinion”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Just another high rise hotel with no fresh air. My room on the 8th floor is noisy all night long with traffic and sirens. The weather is very windy and it sounds just like I have a wind tunnel in my room. Most of the early morning (8am-10am) heard a drilling sound which I imagine was repairs of sorts.

The staff are fabulous but it is also just another facility where everyone has there hands out for tips. Certainly nothing special by a frequent travelers standards for the price.

The website states a $40 something taxi cab rate which drastically needs to be updated. Let's try around $55 plus gratuity.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2010
It is disappointing to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, or the expectations we place on ourselves. Earlier in the year we did have some construction noise as the condos above the hotel neared completion, which is now complete and no longer will be an issue. I hope that if you are back in Fort Worth that you can give us another chance and we can show your true Fort Worth hospitality. Thank you for the note about the cab prices, and we will update our website accordingly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This hotel is a pretty new high rise right next to the Water Gardens in Fort Worth. I decided 2 months earlier to suprise my wife with a semi local trip to Ft Worth for her birthday. She is a huge fan of Joe T's and FTW has always been such a fun laid back cool Texas town to visit so it was just a matter of finding the right hotel. Wow...did I. Got a great rate for a Friday night stay and called to let them know what I was planning on doing in hopes of maybe getting a free breakfast or drink in the bar. We didn't get their when I was hoping (had a select soccer injury hospital visit) so we were frazzled when we showed up plus TCU was on a roll football wise and was playing a huge game to decide if they go to a BCS game....so it was pretty busy. JaMarcus Perdue sensed our frazzledness and hooked us up with 2 drinks in the bar + breakfast. As we entered our room BINGO...we were put in a suite that was out of this world and a chocolate cake slice on the table. The rooms have a Texas vibe for sure but not cheesy....typicaly FTW. Where the West meets the best Museums in Texas...so you could sense the class and overall thought process of knowing that we are in Texas but not in your face country. If that makes any sense. Can't wait to visit again soon!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank volney_III
new orleans
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Closest I have ever stayed to a convention center. Hotel was a little austere for my taste but it was following the "cowboy" theme thru out. The room was well appointed, very clean and spacious. Excellent bed and comfortable bedding. There was a small refrigerator provided (with water) but that was it. (Had a coffee maker) Room was very quiet (5th floor).
Had dinner at both restaurants in the hotel (Bob's and I forget the other). All food and service was superb. The Wine Thief Bar was excellent. They had a really, really good tapas-style menu that alot of people took advantage of. Their pours were generous and the service, again, was top notch. Room service was better than I've had at most places.

The clientele was mostly people attending conventions or venues across the street at the convention center. They seemed to have addressed the valet problem when we were there. It's fairly tough to drive to the front. It appears that the architects failed to allow enough room for cars, taxis and the like in front so it's always chaotic.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank walker-roamer
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Great hotel; good location, friendly staff & excellent service.
Rooms are comfortable and very nicely designed.
Very good Conference facilities with complimentary wifi.
It has a Starbucks coffeee inside too.
I´ll be back!

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I drove my wife and two kids up to Fort Worth to see Muse at the Convention Center and we stayed at the Omni, which was very close to the concert but also somewhat expensive ($180/night). Once we arrived, I noticed a lot of hotels in the area and I wish I'd researched more thoroughly.

The room was on the average to small side, everything seemed clean, and the hotel offers free wireless internet. But the lobby smelled weird, like maybe they were trying to "perfume" the air? It was ghastly. And this is a 15 story hotel that doesn't have a single coke machine -- so if it's 11pm and you want a coke, you have to order it from room service, or go downstairs to the bar -- either way, enjoy your $5 coke. $18/day valet parking, which is outrageous but seems to be more or less the going rate in downtown Fort Worth. The restaurant downstairs offered a breakfast buffet for $16, but my kids weren't impressed and so we stopped at a Waffle House on the way home.

All in all: clean and a great location for a convention center event -- but also expensive and not really worth the high price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Let me start by saying the rooms are really nice. The place is new, so everything is clean and in order. Everything else about this hotel is incredibly unorganized though. In order to park there, you have to valet. It took us a total of about an hour to drop off and then pick up our car. There were people waiting even longer than that. There is so much going on at this hotel (conventions, weddings, and other events) that they can't keep up with them. I've never seen anything like it before. There isn't even enough space to put people. We had breakfast before we left and had the food was above average (that's not exactly a compliment), but the service was awful. As I said, the room itself was great, but if we plan a Ft. Worth trip again, we won't be staying here.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
DFW Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My husband and I went and stayed here for our anniversary. VERY VERY disappointed. You couldnt pay me to stay there again. First of all the valet people are very unorganized. It takes forever to get your car. If you try to call ahead to have your car ready they dont answer the phone. I will say the hotel itself is nice and its clean. The room we had was comfy but on the small side. Beautiful bathroom. Our problems started when we got the breakfast that was part of the package the we had gotten. For some reason the hotel staff charged us for the food (which wasnt that good to begin with.) But there was a "typo" on the charge and we got charged $506 for a breakfast that should have been included. I called immediatly when I realized the mistake and spoke with a man named Demarcus who told me he was the front desk manager. I explained to him what happened. He explained to me that there was an error made (no really?) and to call back the next day and speak with the accounting department. When I did call back the next day to speak to the accounting department I spoke with someone at the front desk. She looked at my account and told me it had been taken care of. I believed this so I did not speak to anyone in accounting. Two days later my balance still isnt what it should be in my bank. They did credit me, but now there are 2 charges from the hotel One for $782 and one for $506. Keep in mind this is for a $200 room. So I called and spoke with Demarcus AGAIN. I explained to him that I was now seeing two charges on my account along with the credit. He pretty much told me that it was my fault for not speaking to someone in accounting. I stressed to him I tried to speak to someone in accounting and I was told by someone else that it had been corrected. He again blamed me and told me it was my fault. I wasnt aware I had to do a managers job. Demarcus told me he would call my bank and get back to me. About a hour later he said he talked to my bank and the funds should be back in there. I called my bank because they still werent showing up. They said that no one had called my bank. So Mr Demarcus LIED to me. I was able to get my money back after I called my bank and got it corrected myself. I am currently waiting for the hotel manager to call me back so I can make her aware of what happened.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple