“GREAT HOTEL BUT STILL HAVING SOME PROBLEMS”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #5 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Ogden, Utah
“GREAT HOTEL BUT STILL HAVING SOME PROBLEMS”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We work a trade show in Fort Worth every Feb & Sept. The Omni is right across the street from the convention center in downtown Fort Worth so it's very convenient. We also get a very good rate at the Omni so staying here to work the shows is a no brainer. The Omni opened last year and our 1st stay was in Feb, 2009 right after they opened. They had a LOT of service issues at that time but the hotel was so nice, it was easy to overlook the long waits in the restaurants and bar. In Sept, 2009 when we stayed here, things were pretty smooth but the valet was rough and some service issues lingered at that time. On this trip, it was surprising to us that some of the service issues still linger...primarily very long waits in the restaurant and bar. And, the Omni has a very serious problem with their valet service! It's common to have a 45-75 minute wait to get your vehicle. They make you use their valet @ $18.00/day as there isn't any nearby parking as an alternative. There were a lot of people getting very upset with the valet service. It's a situation that needs to be rectified ASAP or the Omni will lose a significant amount of business. Everybody was talking about the horrible experiences they had with the valet. On a separate note, our 1st morning was highlighted by not having any hot water whatsoever @ 7:00 A.M....Upon bringing this up @ the front desk (with many others), we were given free coffee and bagels @ Starbucks. A nice gesture but a hotel of this stature should NEVER run out of hot water.....and, since day one, we've complained that the water pressure in the shower is simply not acceptable. The hot water was plentiful for the rest of our trip. On a positive note, if you are a member of the Omni Select Guest frequent stay program, you get a nice thermos of coffee, juice and small muffins delivered to your room with a USA Today every morning @ no charge. The rooms (other than the water pressure in the shower) are very, very nice. The beds are incredibly comfortable and the entire hotel is as clean as a whistle. I really want this hotel to exceed my expectations. After 3 stays totaling 15 nights over the last year or so, I am becoming increasingly wary of the Omni. We will give them one more shot in September. If the long waits in the bar and restaurant are not improved significantly along with the valet nightmare, we will be staying at the Embassy Suites for future trade shows. I would say a Drury Inn in downtown Fort Worth would be a huge hit.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Keller, TX
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My fiance and I decided to go for a little get away for his birthday. I looked up a couple nicer hotels in the downtown area and decided on the Omni because it was new and appeared to be very nice. The price was not a bargain at about $200 a night, but comprobable to the other nicer hotels in the area. I would have been fine with the price if they had delivered excellence..not so much.
The room was nice, but small. It smelled like dog..after seeing a lady walking her dogs through the lobby we found out why...should be an option like smoking rooms..no dog room. The surfaces of the tables were not clean..looked as though they had been wiped down with a dirty rag. Other than that everything was very nice,...EXCEPT for the valet service. It was unreal. They require you to valet at $18/day, as there is NO OTHER hotel parking. Also would have been fine if they would have delivered a good service here. It was awful. they had events in the hotel, also requiring the event goers to valet, leaving the guests waiting 30min to over an hour for their cars. Unacceptable for a very nice hotel that REQUIRES of you to valet....They should have this down to a science. It appeared that they really need a new valet manager and LOTS of training. Can't say we will be back...too bad for a place of such neat potential...We also thought the lack of hotel and area attraction info in the room was odd..

The

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leilani32
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2010

My husband had a conference in Fort Worth and we stayed at the Omni. It was clean and really new. I believe the entire conference was staying at the hotel so it was a bit loud if you were not attending the conference. (Thin walls and doors.) Overall it was a clean hotel which is really important to me. I do have one complaint the valet. The space is sort of enclosed. On more than one occasion I had to go stand on the sidewalk instead of the wait in the enclosed area. The car exhaust was terrible. I do not know how those guys stand it all day. Workout room was vacant large and clean. The hotel claims it is a green hotel so you will not find any menus or book to tell you TV station etc. Does offer free WiFi. About three to four blocks to the more happening part of downtown Fort Worth. However, I felt safe walking the distance at night by myself. I could only eat in the hotel so many times. Food is typical hotel food, good for one meal but more than that it is kind of boring and is overpriced. If we go back to conference this year I would not mind staying in the Omni again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2009

We previously stayed at the Omni when it first opened and loved it. We came back again for a getaway from the kids for nice night out and a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, the hotel was filled with holiday parties and we spent the night wide awake because of all of the parties happening on our floor.

It also took us about 45 minutes to get our car out of the valet because of the holiday events happening at the hotel.

Other than that, we had excellent service and a nice stay. We definitely recommend dining at Bob's Steak and Chophouse.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, NY
Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel was brand new when I stayed there for 3 nights for business. The room was very spacious, clean and modern. The bathroom was big and well-lighted. The beds are VERY comfortable with lots of down pillows and comforter. High definition tv was great!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank CLBRochester
Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2009

We celebrated our anniversary here in June. The Omni surprised us with a spacious suite upgrade. We definitely enjoyed our stay. The onsite Starbucks was a perk. We chose to park in the city parking garage down the street, rather than use the hotel valet. The amenities were nice. We enjoyed some pool time (I wish the mojito had been fresh and not from a mix). The pool is not large, but sufficient. The staff was more than helpful when we had questions. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Plenty of clean, fluffy towels.

The staff was very helpful to recommend restaurants and entertainment beyond the hotel, but still in the neighborhood.

We walked up to Sundance Square for dinner. We could have ridden Molly the Trolley, but the walk was not bad. We also got to see parts of Ft. Worth we would not have seen, otherwise.

Since our stay, my parents celebrated their anniversary with a stay there and my brother surprised his wife with a birthday stay at the Omni. All of us would be happy to be guests of the Omni again. Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasJulieB
Dallas
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Whoever designed the elevators at this new hotel should be fired, as well as the manager in charge of the valet.
The room: So small our bed almost did not fit in it. We were shocked when we walked in the room. The room had some nice features but the bedding was already starting to wear badly.
The spa: hit or miss, we both had massages. Mine was great my wifes was horrible. They never asked about the pressure and their was no hot water in the mens locker room.
Checkout: We were getting massages on sunday morning so I called the front desk to see if we could have a 1 hour late check out. First off it was a sunday, not a busy day for check ins, but the response I got was "We do not honor late check out request." Really? The front desk person should have at least pretended to ask your boss and then given me an excuses not just rudely telling me absolutely not.
The elevators: The lack of elevator service was so bad that people who were trying to go down, would ride the elevator up just so they could get in. We stopped on every floor on the way down in jam packed elevators. After waiting for 5 different elevators that were jammed with people, I finally pushed my way in. thank god I am not claustrophobic. I thought it was as bad as it could get in terms of hotel experience. I was wrong.
Valet: We walked out the front door and were about to hand our ticket to the valet when we noticed a line of (no exaggeration) of 100 PEOPLE!!!!!! 45 minutes later we got our car. This was not their opening weekend, this was totally unacceptable and is the main reason we will never be back .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple