“Very nice hotel, on the edge of the walkable downtown”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
New York
“Very nice hotel, on the edge of the walkable downtown”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a new hotel across from the convention center and only 7 short blocks from Sundance Square at the heart of the very walkable downtown (but it was 100° when I was there). The famous water gardens and a bikeshare station are also across the street, along with a taxi stand.

The interior design is a comfortable Modernism with hints of traditionalism that you find more in the south than the northeastern US. The room was pleasant, and there are very nice meeting rooms that can accommodate small groups and organizations larger than 1,000.

Everyone at the hotel was pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Seguin, TX, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

First time at Omni Ft Worth. Very impressed. Room was outstanding--very upscale, well designed, and comfortable. Valet parking used for 4 days--timely service. Food in Iron Skillet was excellent--very reasonably priced. Could have used some lighter healthy options. Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. I usually stay at Worthington. Couldn't get a room--Texas coach's convention in town with 12,000. Omni had a room at corporate rate. Tough choice from now on since I'm a Marriott Gold member, but I'm so pleased with the Omni, I may have to switch allegiance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Ennis, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great place for convention center activities - Staff is outstanding - Very friendly and very helpful from the folks welcoming you when you pull up, to the ones holding the door open for you, to the front desk and all in between. Rooms are great - plenty of space, well planned, very usable, comfortable bed, plenty of plugs for chargers - it has it all.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had the most amazing experience. This was my Wedding day so New Husband and I arrived in Wedding attire upon arrival I felt like a Queen getting out of car in wedding gown. As we approached front desk to check in Desk clerk was very pleasant. This was truly a night to remember. Selecting this Hotel stay Completed my Wedding Day and I thank you and staff for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff and management did an outstanding job in all aspects of our stay at the hotel. GREAT JOB!!! Would definately recommend and stay there again. I was very impressed with the entire experience. Good Job!

cody, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

great place to stay, convenient for our convention at the center, within walking distance of downtown fort worth, buses and trolley available. Hotel is very comfortable for wives while at the convention center

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I had the worst hotel experience of my life with the Omni Fort Worth. And to make matters worst, it was my wedding weekend. I chose to stay at the Omni because it was walking distance to T&P Station and I was convinced that I'd have a better experience even though there were other hotels near by.

When I arrived at 4:15 pm after a long day of setting up my venue, I was told my room wasn't ready. I had my wedding dress, wedding shoes, bridesmaids gift, wedding jewelry, rehearsal dinner dress, and other valuables with me on a cart. They put me in a temporary room and said they'd have my room ready by the time I had to leave for my wedding rehearsal at 5 pm. The temporary room was #944 and the bathroom toilet and trash can were DISGUSTING. Even still, I rushed to get ready only to find out they still didn't have a room available. And this was a premier room. So I specifically asked the front desk, "Can I move my belongings when I get back? I have to leave for my wedding rehearsal because I'm already behind and I don't want anyone touching my things." The person on the line assured me that I could move my own belongings.

Well when I got back after being late to rehearsal because of this mess, there were several people in the room and my belongings were gone. Are you kidding me? I went back to the front desk furious. They responded with "Ohhh yea, we moved your stuff." You mean to tell me you touched my wedding dress? You mean to tell you had random people moving my belongings without me in attendance? I sat there and wanted to cry.

They then said "We're sorry. We'll give you champagne and strawberries for free." Well, turns out the next day, my maid of honor went and paid to have champagne, strawberries and rose petals put in our room for after the wedding. She wanted to surprise us. So after you promise this for free, you let someone pay for it?

My experience was horrible. I paid for a view of down town just to get a view of a parking lot and the Sheraton next door, where I should have stayed in the first place. This was awful. Just awful. Weddings are stressful enough without having to deal with irresponsible hotels that don't have an efficient front desk. I will stick to the boutiques and 3 star hotels next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple