“Hotel Dropped the Ball”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We checked in on 7/3 for a two night stay. The check in was easy and they gave our 2 year old son a toy. They also told us there was a free, tip not included, car service for us to use.

The next morning, we asked about the car service. They said we could not use it because they did not have a car seat. It would have been nice if they had said that while they were telling us about it knowing we had a small child with us.

We returned to the hotel at 11pm on July 4 and were locked out of our room. We called the front desk and someone came up to let us in. When we got in the room, the maid service had not been there. The front desk called us and told us we had just checked in that day - which obviously we had not. They offered to send a maid, but at this point we just wanted to get in bed. They did give us complimentary breakfast for the next morning.

We checked out with no issues. However, today I am reconciling credit card bills and there is a random charge on my card. I called the hotel, and they are charging us additional money over what we already pre-paid for the stay because "Hotwire did not give us enough money". They are researching it, but having this happen on top of everything else is just icing on the cake for me. I will definitely think twice before staying at the Omni again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Amber R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,885)

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding here June 29, we checked in that Friday, June 28 and checked out on June 30. My husband and I were in a luxury suite and we had our three kids in the adjoining room. We had family members in seven other rooms on the 12th floor.
Our room was absolutely beautiful and wonderful. Plenty of space for us to come in with everything for our weekend and our balcony was so much fun being on the corner and everybody being out there on that Friday night. A half bathroom at the front door really helped to keep everybody out of our room where my wedding dress was :-) Having a separate bedroom in our suite was very nice and we had more than enough room in there for his tuxedo and my wedding dress and everything else. It was a very large and nice bathroom with a very large walk-in shower.
The living area was large
enough for us to easily accommodate 14 people in there including children. We were even able to have our wedding rehearsal in this room.
We spent time at the pool on Friday and Saturday and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious at the grill and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
All of our other guest that stayed also thoroughly enjoyed their room and time. Nobody had any complaints about the rooms at the hotel at all.
I have to give special recognition to Marty for taking care of us on that Friday at the pool and in our room that Friday night. To Amber for taking such good care of us the weekend of our wedding and for everything you did. Including putting up with all my emails for my upcoming wedding. Also Charlie at the front desk you were wonderful helping me to calm down and taking care of us on the morning of my wedding. Also to Andra Pennington, Although she was not there the weekend of our wedding she had arranged all of our rooms and even extra special gifts for our children and me. I would love to meet her one day because talking with her so much was a wonderful experience:-)
Everything was wonderful and beautiful at this hotel for our wedding. I would thoroughly and completely recommend this hotel to anybody, they do a fabulous job for weddings!!!
One thing is, beware of cast iron for dinner. We had our rehearsal dinner there for 21 people and it was a complete disappointment, waste of time and money. The breakfast buffet is delicious but I still have 21 people upset about the dinner!!!
Any time we escape to go downtown we will be staying at the Omni, especially on New Year's Eve and hopefully on our anniversary every year :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now-- it's a longer walk from Sundance Square than other hotels around it, but looking out over the Fort Worth Water Gardens is a worthwhile trade-off. (request a view).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Checking in to this hotel was not what I paid for. I paid a lot to stay with this hotel and was left waiting in the lobby looking homeless for over an hour. The rooms are nice and fairly clean. Great location being downtown and the Whiskey and Rye is lively at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frances U
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Besides the airconditioning not working very well, the pool being crowded and it waking us up when the bill came under the door, our stay was great. Good food, cool hotel, great spa, good gym, great staff and awesome location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I paid more than I normally would, but attended a convention and the location was right across the street. Well worth the price, for the cleanliness and friendliness of staff. More menu optons need to be added to the Cast Iron restaurant and room service menus. The Cast Iron had the same buffet menu for at least 2 nights that I went for dinner. But, overall if attending another convention, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel and felt like it - everything was sparkling. I love the stone work throughout the spacious lobby. All the staff were super nice and helpful. They have a free shuttle that will take you within 3 miles of the hotel, which covers most tourist attractions - you just pay a tip. It came in quite handy for dinner one night. The rooms are nice and big and wonderfully appointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business