“Fort Worth gem”

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Fort Worth gem”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is such a fun hotel. The staff is energetic and so helpful.
I have stayed there 6 times in the past year and a half and have never been disappointed. Fort Worth is such a vibrant and friendly place to visit

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the opposite side of the convention center
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Omni Hotel was the perfect place for us to celebrate my friends 60th birthay party. We are from the Fort Worth and surrounding area. There was about 14 girls in all.
The staff went above and beyond our expectations to make our stay so enjoyable and comfortable. They did so many things for us that we certainly didn't expect from them.
When the birthday girl arrived, they stood outside with us to help greet her. I brought balloons, flowers, birthday signs etc. They were such great sports. They held up the signs for us. Took a million photos for us. They treated her like she was a Princess arriving at the hotel. Phil Gagne, the guest services manager, was one of the ones that greeted us when we arrived. He was so nice. He helped us greet the birthday girl and got some of the other staff to help.
In our spacious, clean and beautifully appointed rooms, they delivered the birthday girl a birthday cupcake, champagne and offered us morning juices etc. However, we did not take up the offer on the morning breakfast. Almost everyone in the group had the buffet breakfast. I did not eat breakfast. But they said it was delicious.
We spent the day in the spa. They were great. Again, they knew we were a birthday party and did everything they could to make our spa day perfect. We had wonderful massages and facials. . The spa had complimentary champagne for us.
After lunch, we hung out by the pool and got in the hot tub.
Late afternoon, we were to have Happy Hour by the pool. They said they would have extra staff out there if we needed. However, this was an exceptional windy day so we moved to the Whiskey and Rye Bar. There again, exceptional service.
For dinner, we dined at Bob's Steakhouse. They had our table ready for us. The food was excellent and service superb.
We followed up the evening back at Whiskey and Rye. There was a muscian playing. By now, we were feeling like partying. We moved chairs around to semi-cirlce around the muscian. He had us singing with him. He even hooked up a microphone for a lady in our group to sing with him.
The next day we went to ride the Cowtown Cycle. Again, they let us check out after we finished our ride and had stopped at Mi Cocinas for a snack.
Everytime we would go to the front desk and say "hey we are with the birthday party and could we ...." before we could get the words out they said "Yes".
Now I do want to add one thing. The hotel was not that busy so I think we got away with things that we could not have if they had a full house.
We had so much fun, we want to do this again. I recommend staying at the Omni. You will not be disappointed.
They were wonderful and did everything to make our stay a time we will never forget!

Room Tip: Since we had a group of us staying together, we asked to have our rooms on the same floor and close...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed at this Omni over the Memorial Day Weekend and it was the most awful stay I've had in a hotel in years. Apathetic staff, valet service was terrible and the room maintenance left much to be desired. The Spa was incredible and the restaurants were good so if you can avoid the hotel guest services personnel you might have a nice stay.

Room Tip: Tip..if you have little or no expectations, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Stafho
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family stayed at this property over Memorial Day weekend while we attended a wedding. My husband and I had our two kids with us (both under the age of 6) so a kid-friendly hotel was a must. The Omni did not disappoint. Upon check-in, the kids received two backpacks full of fun stuff for the kids (i.e. a magnifying glass, bean bag ball, frisbee, crayons, etc). That night, a nice employee knocked on our door and brought each kid a bag of warm chocolate chip cookies and a cold box of Horizon milk. The hotel also has a "kids' club" where they had a large, movie style screen with several kids-friendly movies to choose from. One of mine watched "Ice Age" there. Two young, friendly employees were in the room and offered my kids popcorn and juice. The room also had markers, crayons, things to color, board games, toys, etc. All were very appropriate for my kids' ages. The also had a Wii for the older set. The best part is that you can leave the children there for awhile if you need to.
Besides the activities for the kids (which made our stay infinitely better), the hotel itself is beautiful. We had an one-room corner suite and it was great. It even had a guest bathroom! The room was extremely clean and we were offered free bottled water daily. What other hotel does that?? The main bathroom was HUGE and rivaled any 5 star hotel's bathroom in terms of design. The bathtub (there was a separate shower) was super deep and cast iron which the kids loved. The staff at the hotel was very attentive. One night, my husband and I were running late and needed to get to a nearby wine bar for the rehearsal dinner. The manager of the valet volunteered to bring us there himself in his personal car! The hotel car was, at that time, taking guests to the nearby Stockyards. The manager requested no money in return (of course we gave him money) and offered to take us wherever we needed to go during our stay.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel. I intend to stay there anytime I am in Ft. Worth!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I think Omni hotels are now my favorite chain hotel that I will try and stay at from now on based on this experience. The rooms were incredibly clean and updated! The maid service came twice each day, to put out new towels, and then in the evening as a turn-down service. The beds were also very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful to help us find restaurants and transportation during the day. The hotel is right across from the convention center and within walking distance of downtown with bars, shopping, and restaurants. The pool was very busy the whole time we were there but had lots of chairs for laying out and a very nice pool bar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Morrisville, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently stayed at the Omni Ft. Worth for a business trip. The staff was great. The gym and rooftop pool were also pluses. The location is convenient to shopping and restaurants in the Sundance Square area. I was surprised that there was not more foot traffic given the downtown location, but still felt safe to venture out alone. Bob's Steakhouse in the hotel is delish, although pricey. I did not get a chance to try the hotel's wine bar, but it looked very cozy. The Starbucks is definitely a better (cheaper) breakfast option than the Cast Iron. Ft. Worth's free trolley system, Molley the Trolley, has a stop in front of the hotel, which is great for exploring the area. I did see valet back into a parked car while moving another. No damage, but he didn't even acknowledge that he bumped another car. So be mindful of that. Tip: sign up for the rewards program before booking to get some perks. I would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding in a beautiful suite located on one of the higher floors. The room was luxurious with a plush bed, a huge bathroom with a garden tub, and a beautiful view of downtown. We received chocolates, fruits, and champagne upon our arrival and the room service for breakfast was some of the best. Friendly staff, beautiful room, and a fantastic location. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2012