“Beautiful Hotel with a Service Problem”

Omni Fort Worth Hotel
Ranked #6 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We first found the Omni on our way back from a trip to Colorado in March. We thought it was a beautiful hotel, so this time, when our family had an event in Fort Worth, and we decided to come back.

We had booked two rooms via the Omni reservations number, as we wanted to make sure of the rate, and that the rooms were adjoining. When we arrived, after a six-hour drive from Houston, our rooms weren't ready. We went up to the pool deck and spent an hour waiting for our room. When I asked again, at 4:00 pm, only one room was ready, so we moved in there. The second room wasn't adjacent, and was a king, not a double bed as requested. Finally, after more than two hours, and multiple trips down to the front desk, we had satisfactory rooms, near each other, but not adjacent. The manger on duty had a weird explanation about how our confirmation number must have been through a third party vendor, even though we had dialed the main Omni number, and that's why the rooms were incorrect.

He also was only moderately helpful in making sure our Omni stays were credited to our account. Why should I have to fight to make sure I get my stays credited?

We came a day early so my daughter would be rested for her competition the next day, but we spent the first three hours sorting out our room problems.

The bottom line is this: if you book win the Omni 800 number, you may or may not get what you reserve. If there is a problem, they will try to fix it, but they won't go out of their way. If you stay at the Hotel, you may for may not get credit for your stay.

It's a beautiful hotel, but we won't be coming back. The search for a hotel loyalty program that gives a crap continues. . .

Room Tip: Northeast rooms have a slightly better view, than the southeast side. But it's Fort Worth, not C...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NWFloridaDiner
There are newer reviews for Omni Fort Worth Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I booked by phone on a Sunday morning and was quoted a room rate. I gave them my cc information and booked it. When I called back three days later, they had no record of my reservation, and I was forced to pay the daily rate which was 100$ more. They told me to talk to the hotel when I got there. In the end I told my story 12 times to deaf ears. They wouldn't offer anything at all to me, and they have to review the phone call tapes in order to prove what happened... Which is good for me because I am telling the truth. So my cc has been charged, and I have to prove they made the mistake. We were staying with a group of 24 people in 12 rooms, and they were all paying full price instead of a group rate by the way... The manager, Peter [--], acted like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain and never came over to speak to me. He just watched me tell my story over and over.

We had to leave our group, and get on Hotiwre and book our room 2 blocks over at the Hilton for $87.00 It is a lovely hotel in a historic building where JFK slept on the night of his assassination.
Pleas stay there if you're looking for a hotel downtown!

Room Tip: Hilton in downtown Fort Worth is the same location , better prices and staff
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Arob1
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night after our wedding before we flew out for our honeymoon the next day. We've returned on several occasions for a quick, local getaway. We love this hotel! The service is excellent. The bed/bedding is posh and comfortable. The rooms are decorated beautifully. The bathrooms are large and spa-like. The room service is delicious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lauren C, Executive Assistant at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for sharing such an important day with us. I am glad we were able to give you a great send off on your honeymoon. We hope that you will return for many anniversaries to come.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

After staying 4 nights in a dumpy hotel down the street I was so glad to be at the Omni. The valet and bellstaff were young and friendly. The property is stunning, grand, elegant but very comfortable. The conference area was really nice and the rooms were also really nice. I wish I had more time at this hotel, even in my room. Lots of nice extras.
The quality of the furniture and decor was upscale Texas.
I would miss out on my hotel points by staying here but I would love the opportunity to stay at an Omni Hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

We are so glad you made the move over to Omni while in Fort Worth. You may have to start a new loyalty program, but we love for you to join Omni select guest. We hope that you can make it back soon to enjoy your room longer.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I booked this hotel for my husband and I as a weekend get-away in Fort Worth. Omni consistently proves to be one of, if not the, best hotel chain in the world.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such kind words about Omni as a whole. We do try hard to be consistent with all Omni Hotels and are happy when we are successful in treating our guests as our friends. We hope that you will be back to see us in Fort Worth.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Big lobby, noisy, for business fine.not for romantic boutique feel. Restaurants, several options: buffet restaurant pleasant, breakfast nice with omelet station and enough good quality choice of fruit and other standard options. Fitness adequate,24 h open. Wifi,free for select guest members, good in rooms.also in lobby. Also for select guests, free coffee and juice delivered to room is nice omni feature. Rooms are large enough, very good bed, good and quiet AC, room in general well sound isolated.my bathroom with shower only, well equipped, water pressure moderate. Very good for business purposes, and probably best choice in FW.

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for the review. I am sorry that you felt we were a bit too corporate feeling. We want all of our guest to come here and feel at home. I hope the next time you are in Fort Worth we can give you this feeling. Safe travels

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Had some difficulty checking in. The clerk told me I'd only reserved a room for one night and quoted me a rate that was almost double what I'd booked. I finally got everything straightened out. The hotel has a very cold, corporate feel but the public areas were well kept and clean. The room was spacious and clean but again, had a very cold, corporate feel. The bathroom was spacious and clean but the lighting was very poor. It was like a cave even with all of the lights on. The shower provided plenty of pressure and hot water but the shower head could have used a descaling. On Saturday, the maid did not come by our room until after 4:00 PM which surprised me for a hotel of this caliber. We were getting ready for a wedding so I asked her to please come back about 5:30. She didn't seem particularly pleased with my request. The location is good but not great. It's on the southern edge of downtown Ft. Worth, however, downtown Ft. Worth so if you don't mind a little walk most restaurants, bars and stores are accessible on foot.

Room Tip: The pool is very close to the building and it got a bit rowdy one day so one would do well to stay a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends