“Omni is great”

Ranked #6 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
MT
“Omni is great”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Bell boys open doors and smile and greet you. rooms are newer and cleaner than most, sign up for the frequent stayer and get turn down service, daily coffee delievered free and water bottles in room. The rooms are expensive a night, but it is very nice. pillows are great. I do have to sleep with earplugs as it is noisy downtown. IPA in the bar is really good

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KristyLH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Fort Worth Omni for a weekend. The check-in was painless and quick, the room appeared clean and neat. Later I would discover a situation with the room’s cleanliness that was completely unacceptable and went down stairs so I could speak with the hotel manager. Matthew empathized and agreed with my opinion and helped get the situation taken care of immediately. I was impressed with his professionalisms and promptness to take care of the situation. Over all the hotel has many great restaurants, bars, lounges and views but I never felt like I was getting a good deal. I think for the nightly rates you could expect more amenities or services (free breakfast etc) so that you could feel that you were not just staying at a great hotel and location but receiving a value stay. Bottom line is that I felt nickeled and dimed the whole stay, my check out bill had 12 separate line item charges.

Pros:
Great food
Awesome room service food and delivery time
Great location
Good bar

Cons:
Expensive
Tv

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank douget
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
We appreciate your comments regarding your time with us. We never want a guest to feel that they have paid too much for the hotel; however in regards to your comments about the charges for different items, this is a standard for any full service luxury hotel. We apologize that you felt this was too expensive, but we are checking the rates in our market to ensure we are fairly priced to the other comparable hotels in the market. We thank you for your time and hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We chose this hotel to have a short family vacation. The hotel is very clean & the staff was exceptional. We used room service quite a lot & the food was good. Gym is large & well maintained. We walked to church Sunday around the corner at St. Patrick's Cathedral which is beautiful.
We would definitely stay here again if we want to come to Ft. Worth & do the cultural district, stockyards, etc.

• Stayed February 2012
Arlington, VA
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stay here quite frequently for work, and its my go to option for downtown Fort Worth hotels. Its a newer hotel, so the rooms are in great shape with current, "Texas" themed decor, the beds are fantastic, and the hotel is next to the convention center, so it has several good bars and restaurants, and a Starbucks for getting a quick coffee in the morning.
My coworkers and I often arrive late and get upgraded to suites or corner rooms, which I appreciate, even if I'm only there for a night and am not really going to have time to "experience" all of the other hotel amenities.
The only reason I hesitate to give them a 5 star rating is the room lighting, particularly the bathrooms. It's just horrible! There is not enough light for a woman to put on makeup, so I often find myself walking between the bathroom and the bedroom in the morning to get enough light to get ready. I've pointed this out to the staff on many occasions over the past two years (as have my coworkers who stay here often), and I haven't noticed any change.

Room Tip: Sign up for Omni's free points program. You're more likely get upgraded and you can save you...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. We are working with our design team to address the issue of the lighting in the bathroom, as it is something we have heard from guests since we have opened. We apologize that this has been an issue for you, as we understand the frustration that this may cause. We do also appreciate your loyalty to Omni Hotel and know that your next stay will be a five star review! Thank you again and safe travels.
Oklahoma
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. We singed up for the rewards program and received free morning drinks, everyday, free wifi, customized room preferences etc. Now, i have been a long time hilton honors member, but I will stay at an Omni at every opportunity. The hotel was immaculate. Exceptionally clean, the pool was exceptionally well maintained. The work out facilities were extraordinary.

Our room was very large, with a refrigerator and flat panel television. The view of the the Fort Worth area, was as good as it gets. Every day we were greated by friendly staff at every location of the hotel.

What can I say, stay at this hotel if you are in the Fort Worth area, you will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Omni rewards program, it is free, and the benefits are incredible (free wifi, free m...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ebazinam
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
We appreciate your great words and love to hear that we have converted you to a Omni Fan. We look forward to seeing you again in Fort Worth, and are excited for you to experience the Omni Hotels treatment in cities all around the country!
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I sent the following email message to the Guest Services Manager on 1/22/12. Today is 1/29/12. I have not yet received a response. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt.

I wanted to take the opportunity to comment on my recent experience staying at the Omni Fort Worth on January 14, 2012 through January 16, 2012. Like you I also manage employees and always appreciate it when people take the time to provide me feedback on the results of their performance. I feel that the information helps me improve the performance of our organization as well as their personal performance. I travel relatively frequently and primarily stay at Marriott properties. However, for the weekend of January 14 I decided to stay at the Omni since it was close to my daughter's cheer competition and I had not stayed in an Omni in some time. I have stayed at both the Mandalay and Park West locations in the past and had very nice experiences.

My experience for this weekend in January began when I arrived. I had received an email prior to my arrival giving me the option to check in early (my card would be charged immediately). I took advantage of that option because I thought I might have a better chance to get my preference of rooms. I specified during the check-in procedure that I wanted the highest floor possible and a room at the end of a hallway. Upon arrival I went to my assigned room only to find that it was right next to the elevator and only on the 9th floor. This was not what I wanted by any means. I value quiet and don't like to hear all the conversations that occur while people wait on the elevator. As a result I went back down to the front desk while my family waited for me. I was reassigned a room much closer to the end of a hallway and was told a room at the end of a hallway would be available the following day. Why wasn't I assigned the room closer to the end of the hallway in the first place? Strange. Of course I didn't move to a room at the end of a hall the following day because that would require moving all our belongings.

On the first full day of my stay my family and I wanted to do some shopping that evening so we went downstairs to get my car from the valet. I was then informed that the valet from the previous night had left my lights on all night and they had to charge my battery. After waiting about 25 minutes my car was delivered and I was told it should be "good to go". We drove about 15 minutes to a shopping area. When I went to start my car it wouldn't even turn over. I called the hotel and asked for the valet. I was put on hold for 15 minutes (I timed it). I hung up and called the hotel back and asked for a manager. I was very ticked by this time. I talked to the front desk manager who said she would talk to the valet and get someone to call me as soon as possible. About 10 minutes later I received a call from the valet manager. I told him where I was and he came out to jump start our car. He arrived fairly quickly. He followed me back to the hotel and filled out an incident report. He was very professional and I appreciated him taking the time to document the incident without me having to ask him. Our plans were to go out to dinner that night but those plans were ruined since I could not count on my car to start if I took it anywhere. The Valet Manager asked the valet to keep it running to ensure the battery had a chance to charge. Next I went inside to talk to the front desk manager again. I apologized to her for being upset when I spoke with her earlier. I did not say anything inappropriate but was upset at the whole incident and then being placed on hold. She was very nice but I guess I was just looking for some understanding and acknowledgement regarding the situation. She said she was sorry about it. I guess I was at least expecting an offer of complementary valet service at a minimum for our trouble. Not hearing that I just asked for it and she said they would do that. I guess the point is, I shouldn't have had to ask.

Having had our dinner plans ruined we were fed up and just stayed in the room and ordered room service which I guess worked out well for the hotel since we spent more money there as a result of this fiasco. When we ordered the room service we were told the wait would be one hour. Tolerable given that the hotel seemed fairly crowded. We recieved our food after about an hour and a half. Although we ordered four entrees and two desserts we received three place settings.

Needless to say, it was not a stellar stay at the Omni. Fortunately, upon checkout my car worked fine. It would not be fair of me to be 100% critical. The employees were friendly, the room was nice and quiet (even though I would have loved to have been on a much higher floor), the complementary juice in the morning was exactly on time and a nice touch. The WiFi was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to get at the end of a hall if you value quiet. Don't assume they'll use any preference...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ManUtdinOK
Thank you very much for your review. We apologize that we did not live up to the expectations during your stay, or the failure to contact you after your stay. I understand you have since been in contact with our staff, and know that when you are able to join us again your next review will be a positive one. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I travel to Fort Worth on a regular basis and split time between several hotels. For just the room the Omni is the best and having free WiFi is a great bonus. I also like the restaurant in the hotel. The negatives when compared to the Worthington are the distance from other restaurants and the fitness center is not as nice. Overall a great place to stay with friendly staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business