“Stayed there before”

Magnuson Hotel Fossil Creek
Ranked #89 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Hotel is still clean & good value but think management has changed over the years. This trip the back door didn't need room key to open; anyone could walk in. Manager said to be repaired next week. Seriously?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Over the past 12 months and in particular the last 2 months I've visited this hotel more than 3/4 times. The quality of service, building maintenance, breakfast selection as well as staff social interaction with the customer have simply been OUTSTANDING. Seldom do you find a hotel providing a sustain level of service and when you do find this rare quality you want to let the world know about this hotel. This is a hotel that have vested employees who believe in the core values of service delivery...service integrity first, before self, and excellence in all they do. This has resonated over and over during the course of my visits this year. So I say to you if you want a great stay this is the hotel you want to visit and spend the night(s). Your body will be glad you did!

Room Tip: I have stayed in several configurations of rooms at this facility and found all meeting a standard o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnthonyHooks
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I seldom write bad reviews as usually I feel that I get what I paid for. In this case, I have to write a review to warn others about this hotel. The staff was so so. The real problem with this hotel was that they are not maintaining the rooms. My room had all of the following issues:
- No bath towels (which I did not notice until I needed them in the morning).
- No wash cloths.
- An incredibly loud buzz that came from the overhead light.
- The TV did not work (saying that the subscriber was not authorized).
- There was a very fast leak in the tub faucet which made noise (aside from wasting water).
- The toilet had a leak which caused the tank to re-fill about every 20 minutes.
- It was not clear at all how to get the water to change from the tub to the shower.
- The blanket was incredibly thin and there was no spare blanket.
DO NOT STAY HERE. There are plenty of other adequate hotels in that same immediate area. It's not worth staying at this one, even if it is cheaper.

Room Tip: I wouldn't take a chance on this hotel. Some of the rooms may be OK, but both myself and my co-w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I recently stayed here for the holiday break for Thanksgiving, and I can honestly say from the moment I walked into this hotel, this young lady did everything in her power to keep my family satisfied and safe. She made everyone in the lobby and breakfast area feel more than welcomed and if I could take this hotel everywhere I traveled I would make sure she was working, the rooms were clean, and the establishment was well groomed. Thanks to the professionalism from this young lady anytime I'm back in Fort Worth, TX I will be staying at this Best Western only.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in 10/2013. Very nice stay. We checked in on Saturday night ... all day Sunday we had problems with our door key. I think we had to get new keys made 3 times. The gentleman at the front desk couldn't figure out the problem so he apologized over and over and offered to move us into a jacuzzi suite just across the hall. Very nice gesture! We were very impressed! Rooms were very clean. All employees that we encountered were very polite and helpful. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. If we're in the Ft. Worth area again, we will stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This hotel is on 35 North. No frills. We had a well appointed handicapped room. Direct TV channels were abysmal. Receptionist in the morning was lovely. She is traveling to Paris with her brother mid-December so we chatted and shared some tips. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here 2 times and it was great, we will definitely be back the staff is awesome, the hotel and rooms are very clean . When we arrived they only had a smoking room available for point use but the attendant worked it out where we could get a non smoking room with our points.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple