“Good for a night”

Ranked #80 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio, TX
“Good for a night”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The room was clean. It was within walking distance of several places to eat: Zio's Italian, Posados Mexican (really, really good) and a couple others. Ice dispenser was not working. Vending machine was out of bottled water and manager just shrugged when I told him, asked me for cash and said he'd go buy me some. I passed on his offer. One of the front desk staff members would not make eye contact anytime we walked in or out, and once she was sitting outside the front door smoking when a customer walked in. She laid her (still lit) cigarette on the windowsill and ran inside to check in the guest............wow.
We did get a Jacuzzi room, and I couldn't believe the great rate for it. That is why it gets 3 stars: clean room, great rate. Not sure about the reviewer commenting on the food ordered being disgusting. There is no food service in this hotel other than the free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mendip Hills Somerset
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Unfortunately had to stay here twice on a trip to Dallas. Never again. 1st trip The food ordered was disgusting and over charged for. 2nd Trip [ return journey] request for ground floor room was ignored despite disability, food was again revolting and the chamber maid who visited my room while I was in the swimming pool stole a pair of valuable earrings.Very noisy situation at the bottom of the runway. Staff rude and unhelpful

Room Tip: Avoid it if you can
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Tigi_Higgins
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We couldn't find anything wrong with saying here. It's nice and clean and the staff are friendly. The rooms are quite large for a motel and both our rooms for our family, on either side of the building were quiet and well appointed. The breakfast was the usual but it's great to have a free brekky when many other hotels like to charge for it. Best of all it is surrounded by shopping and restaurants. There are 3 street level type malls (WalMart, Target, Starbucks, Best buy, Maccas, Jolibee's, etc) and a huge variety of restaurants, fast food and petrol stations. There is also a hotel pool and free wifi so there is a lot to keep the family entertained in this area plus it has easy access from the freeway and easy parking.

There is also easy access from here by car to the Fort Worth stockyards and the airport. if you are coming in from other parts of Texas and heading for the tourist sites or the airport this is a great place to stay the night before.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The people who worked there were friendly and nice. After driving for 14 hours we checked in around midnight and the beds felt amazing. I had a good night sleep. The breakfast was pretty good. For the price we paid it was worth the stay. If we ever passed by again this would be where we would spend the night. Bring things to swim in.

• Stayed June 2013
Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel is pretty nice given its age. the front desk staff,Grace (the one with bright pink hair :))especially was wonderful, very helpful very upbeat and outgoing. made the stay well worth it. I don't know about all the negative reviews previously posted but the hotel is really very nice, rooms are clean and quite, breakfast was great for it not to offer any "hot breakfast" plenty of other choices. pool was nice. overall a great stay and we sure will stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Austin, Texas, Usa
Reviewed May 30, 2013

At check in, the lady at the front desk waited several seconds to greet me, while it didn't seem like she was doing anything. When she did greet me, she kept looking down toward something on the computer, and it took her a good 30 seconds to actually make eye contact with me. However, this might just her, because my experience with another front desk staffer was very positive. Lisa was my professional, friendly, and responsive to my requests for a slightly delayed check out.

The pool and spas were a different story. The pool's bottom was lined with dirt, so I didn't come in. Went to the spas but the knob to control the jets was broken. The spa's water temp was not even warm, and I could not find the knob to adjust its temperature. It's Summer in Texas, and I was disappointed I couldn't use the pool to cool down.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Lebanon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel put us on the top floor without informing us that the roof was scheduled to be replaced the next day. It wasn't until the following afternoon that a sign was placed at the front desk in reference to the inconvenience. While there is no good time to undergo a renovation like that, the right thing to do would have to let all guests know prior to checking in and giving them an option to take a room on another floor or the opportunity to go elsewhere without paying a late cancellation fee. We ended up leaving a day early after my husband fell ill and spent the entire day in the room with nail guns serenading him and his migraine. I'm still dealing with a credit issue; the hotel agreed to the credit but the third party website we booked through has failed to issue the credit. Shame on us for not booking directly. I emailed Best Western and got a generic email from the site manager. I could tell that all he did was copy and paste my name in the greeting and have not heard back from him after I let him know I was disappointed in his response.

I should have known that the cheap rate would equal cheap service. I'll never stay at a Best Western again on account of my experience at this location.

Room Tip: Keep away from the top floor- you never know when roofers might show up. Apparently the front desk d...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple